Hello Everyone:

I'm originally from San Francisco. But I've been in Oklahoma City for longer than I care to admit. My brother wants to retire in the Willits area.

I'll be finishing up my RN program in 2 years. It's a BA to AS program. I have a Master's degree in the Social Sciences. And I want to follow my brother to Northern CA when I'm out of nursing school.

There are RN jobs in Willits, but the pay is bad. I'm only wanting to work about 25 hours at week. I've checked the net for the Santa Rosa, San Fran areas. There does not appear to be many positions offered for RN's. The ones I saw offered were occassional positions. Did I miss something?

I'm getting scared now that I won't be able to find work. My ideal job has always been to work as a Home Health RN. Is there a demand for these positions in northern CA? How can I better investigate this.

I prefer not to work in hospitals. I love Home Health work or working in Assisted Living Centers.

I saw that the Bart does not go very far north into the Mendocino Country area. Does anyone know how far north the Bart goes.

I feel so lost right now. I know I have to work in the city for the better pay. But I want to live out in the rural areas where I can have lots of peace and quiet.

I'm worried that I'm not going be able to achieve this without a very long commute in a car.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Debbie Marie