Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: No Jobs For New Graduates?

Facebook User

Re: No Jobs For New Graduates?

hi tclema, i am going to enroll in lpn this sep 09 and hopefully graduate the following year. i hope you still hire new grads during that time :-)

Facebook User

oh yeah and im in lawton :-)

Oh funny. Just send me a pm and we can talk if you like. It's best to get in while you are still in school, especially when you are in Lawton anyways. Then you have your best shot at the New Grad job.

It's not just new nurses. Due to low patient census, I was unable to get three 12's a week at my work, and was running out of comp time to supplement forced flex days. I finally had to quit, and take a night shift position at a county facility. The pay is lower, and work is alot harder... but at least it is steady. I don't know anyone getting overtime.... those days are simply gone!

Red face Re: No Jobs For New Graduates?

I just got work for the first time in several months and am doubtful that those glory days of overtime are anywhere nearby. For the most part, it was only ever one employer who was good about letting me work overtime anyway. Come to think of it, they cut back on my overtime every time they found another nurse who could take the hours, so I just thought that I had it good. We like to remember the good things and tend to want to forget the bad.

I am a new nurse graduate I have been hearing that most places are looking for nurses that have experience so hear is my question. I have 4 years of patient care experience working as a respiratory therapist. Will my previous experience be counted as experience when applying for a nursing position? Does that neccesarily put me ahead then new grads that doesn't have any patient care experience?

Ricu

Quote Originally Posted by jchris View Post
    I am a new nurse graduate I have been hearing that most places are looking for nurses that have experience so hear is my question. I have 4 years of patient care experience working as a respiratory therapist. Will my previous experience be counted as experience when applying for a nursing position? Does that neccesarily put me ahead then new grads that doesn't have any patient care experience?

Hey Chris,

Welcome to the field. You and I have something in common, we both were respiratory therapists before becoming nurses. I can tell you that the first nursing job is usually the hardest to get regardless of prior related experience but in my case, my R.T. background very much counted. Keep us posted on how things are working out.

Good luck,

R

Quote Originally Posted by jchris View Post
    It definitely counts, any type of experience you have working with patients plays a part. From a Recruiter's perspective, if I can choose between a New Grad that has experience, as a RT, LPN, Scrub Tech etc and one that doesn't have any experience, you can probably imagine what the choice will be.

I just found out that I pass my NCLEX. Thank you God! Now I am searching for a position as a nurse. What are key facts that nurse recruiter look for when reviewing potential candidates resume's? What can nursing candidates write to stand out on his/her resume?

I just found out that I passed my NCLEX exam. Thank you God! Now I am looking for a position an entry level nurse. What are some key factors nurse recruiters look out for in a potential candidate resume? What should candidates put on their resume so that they will stand out from the rest?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast