I am new to this site so I would like to give a Little back ground. I am 47 years old and became a LPN in 2001 at bout age 40.I unfortunately already had a problem with prescription narcotics. I really started to abuse them after I became a nurse and was able to divert them from work. before to long I was loosing job after job because of my addiction but was always able to not get in trouble with the law.I did however get a bad name as a nurse. I finally hit rockbottem after i was caught at my last job trying to divert a card with about 45 norcos. when I got the call from the DON asking me to return them or I would be arrested. I immediately did that. I also found the courage to go to rehab,I started off by going to detox which i had to do 3 times in a month period because I just kept going back to the pills. I was able to get a big prescription from my pain management and also i continued to by them on the street.When I decided to go to a 30 day rehab directly form detox I was much stronger when I got out. I called the state and voluntarily surrendered my nursing license. I was able to get it back when I completed a program of rehab after rehab I went on a 7 month program of where i went to a intensive womens group 5 mornings a week after that i went to a less intensive group for about 3 more months. I graduated the program and was able to get my license reinstated.I unfortunately have several restrictions on my license which makes it hard for me to find employment. also I had earned a bad name for myself .I recently have been trying to go back to work at the very first place i worked for 6 years as a CNA and 2 years as a nurse. fortunate i was a very hard worker before my problem and was also very reliable. I have been clean with the help of suboxone since June Th 2006.I have been trying to get a Job as a CNA first to establish trust in this nursing home. I feel strong and If I ever get a job as a nurse again I will not do anything to jeopardies it.I won't mind working as a CNA for a while for the last 2 years I have been working as a cashier. This has been a very humbling experience and I pray every day that I will be a working nurse again.I guess my point is I it has been almost 3 years since i stopped abusing prescription drugs. I have had the chance many times to use but made the decision not to.I feel so alive again. I get enjoyment out of things I never thought i would enjoy with out being high. I am just wondering how much trouble other nurses have had trying to get back in into the field.I am fortunate that my famil sttod by me.