Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: ETG testing

Member Extraordinaire hppygr8ful's Avatar

Re: ETG testing

Quote Originally Posted by nancyt View Post
    Hey I ate at Panda Express and have eaten there many times. Now I'm hearing it could produce a positive etg. They use 1 tablespoon of 50% etoh in a wine. l tablespoon per bin of food. They cook at high temp. I believe the etoh gets cooked out. what you think?
    I know of two people in my Nurse Support group who tested positive with fairly high numbers above 1500ng/ml etg following eating Panda Express.

I Also had one person in my group test positive at 1200 after eating Polo Loco Chicken.

I personally tested Positive after eating at Don Carino's (and no I didn't have the wine.

I only eat food that I prepare myself or in restaurant where I can speak to the chef. I simply telll them that I am deathly allergic to alcohol in any form and can he/she make a suggestion. I've often had them whipp me up something special. It doesn't work though if you just talk to the wait staff.

That's just my suggestion

Hppy

what happens when you get a positive etg. what action is taken

I tested positive for amphetamines about 5 years ago...I was clean. I KNOW it was a lab error (if only they had a split specimen to retest) ... I was devestated, went through DEEP depression. Destroyed me. I am a changed person today, great new husband, new home (after KAtrina)

I am now inquiring on steps needed or possibility of reinstating my license. I love nursing.

Anyone else going through this?

Hi just4ladejane, a lot of people here are going through similar situations. You might want to start your own thread here on the board to get more responses.

:luck:
    Tom, RN. . . Neuro ICU, ER, Level 1 Trauma, Chronic Dialysis, Bone Marrow Transplant

Go to my website Recoveryrns.com. you will find information about this. This is a test which unproved destroyes so many lives. We are nurses all we have to worry about is our license but so many people have lost more than that. People have had their children taken away because of this. People get sent to prison because of this. It is endemic. They have a captive audience, what a wonderful way to make money. Oh yes they made money a $20 for a simple urine test, but now $47 for this and if they find anyything even if is not relevant then they are justified in testing you 5 days a week. I am two weeks from completing probation and beleive me I will fight for this. It is so wrong. Somebody has to change this.

I AM IN RECOVERY AND CLEAN SINCE APRIL '06...MY MANDATED PROGRAM TURNED UP A POSITIVE ETG TEST AND I HAVEN'T USED ANY ALCOHOL. MY RESEARCH TURNED UP A BOAT LOAD OF INFORMATION ON THIS SUBJECT AND THE POTENTIAL JEAPORDY IS MIND BOGGLING. SURFING THE WEB I HAVE FOUND CLASS ACTION SUITS IN THE EAST..WE NEED TO BAND TOGETHER AND DO LIKEWISE IN THE WEST. THE LABS AND TX CENTERS ARE LINING THEIR POCKETS AND DESTROYING CAREERS. MY POSITION IS THAT UNETHICAL EXECUTION OF INFORMED CONSENT IS TAKING PLACE AND IT IS RAMPANT MALPRACTICE. SAMHSA SAYS THE TEST IS UNRELIABLE AND SHOULD NOT BE USED. I AM AN ALCOHOLIC/ADDICT BUT I AM ALSO AN HONORABLE MAN. I HAVE, AND DO, OWN UP TO MY SHORTCOMINGS. I AM NOT LIAR AND I AM OUTRAGED AT BEING ACCUSED OF ONE. TALK TO ME. WE ALL NEED EACH OTHER TO STOP THIS UNETHICAL (IF NOT ILLEGAL) PRACTICE OF MONEY GRUBBING, CAREER DESTROYING METHODOLOGY. HUBERT.GRAHAM@VERIZON.NET

Question "Blocked" EtG or "invalid" test????

It is a relief to know that I'm not alone in my EtG hell. I am an RN and I'm 3 1/2 years sober. I have been in Diversion for as long as I have been sober. For the past 1 1/2 years, I have been getting "invalid" results. What they are telling me is that there is something in my body "blocking" the results of the EtG. Has anyone had that experience? They are going to drop me from the Diversion program if it continues, but I don't know what it could be. They accused me of taking something to hide drinking. I'm so frustrated.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I have searched and all I can find is "false positives". But that is not my problem.

Thanks,

Stressed out sober nurse!!!!

I am fortunate to say I successfully completed diversion in January. During my 3 years and ten months in diversion, with what I would consider to be some heavy duty testing (37 times in 2006 alone!) I never had a positive ETG. Of course, I never drank. However, I did use alcohol based hand sanitizer at work, I ate at all the 'suspect' restaurants: Polo Loco, Panda Express,etc. and frequently used a mostly alcohol skin astringent everyday!

Question Re: ETG testing

Hi I am really new to this ETG testing...I received info from my boards to avoid benadryl...i take it often for allergies...does anyone know if benadryl will cause a positive ETG test? Thank you!

I don't know of a correlation between Benadryl and etg...however, the CA diversion program considers Benadryl a mind-altering medication, and if detected on a urine sample, could be considered a relapse.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast