Thread: Where to begin looking for new graduate nursing position in the States

Where to begin looking for new graduate nursing position in the States

I am from Canada, and plan to work in the States. Anyone can give me some directions regarding research for new graduate jobs (Registered Nurse) in the States? Since salaries and income tax are various in each state, what cities would you recommend?

Also, as an international nurse, in order to save money, what kind of tax will be deduced? What's the entrance salary for new grad?

I recently received an offer from Greenville, North Carolina as a new graduate position. Anyone knows about the hospital - Pitt County Memorial Hospital

many thanks.

Re: Where to begin looking for new graduate nursing position in the States

Hi Kate530. Congratulations on your accomplishment. Salaries are going to vary depending on where you look. There can be huge differences depending on what region you are in, city vs. outlying areas. N.C. is on the lower end. Higher paying jobs will be in metro areas, NE, Nothern and Souther California. You will have to do some homework to find which places offer new grad programs. They are out there, lots of them. Which are better is hard to say. During your initial interviews, ask what kind of structured program they have for new nurse orientation. Some places don't have any. Personally I advise you to stay away from those places. The world is your oyster and you deserve to get the best that you can as you start your career. Best wishes!

Re: Where to begin looking for new graduate nursing position in the States

Quote Originally Posted by Kate530 View Post
    I am from Canada, and plan to work in the States. Anyone can give me some directions regarding research for new graduate jobs (Registered Nurse) in the States? Since salaries and income tax are various in each state, what cities would you recommend?

many thanks.

Anything located in Florida should have immediate openings, specifically Bradenton. Florida also does not have a state income tax

Thumbs up Re: Where to begin looking for new graduate nursing position in the States

Hi Kate530. Congratulations on your accomplishment. The world is your oyster and you deserve to get the best that you can as you start your career.

Best wishes!
    Nortekmedical