Hi all.
I'm not a nurse. My wife is.
In 5 months it will mark her 4 years of being clean. She will no longer have to test or anything else to keep her license. For the past 1.5 years she's been nursing at the county health department. She loves her job and her employers truly love her. She's such a hard worker going above and beyond what they expected.

A few days ago the board called her and told her she tested positive for Ultram. She was devastated. They told her to stop working and that if she wanted the B sample run she could. But in all honesty, they said, the B samples never come back clean. We are racking our brains trying to figure out how this came to be. She has never (in her knowledge) taking any prescribed drugs without a doctors orders. She is totally clean. But the Nursing Board's hands are tied. They cannot accept any other test - hair or otherwise. They will only go by what they have in possession.

I have grilled her on what may have happened. She tells me she has not taken anything. She also says I have every reason not to believe her because of her past. But I do believe her. She has worked so hard. She has done so much to make things right after her first, and only, mistake.

Can anyone give us any advice on this false positive test? We are planning to run the B sample but feel that it will not help. I feel so bad for her. She is a mess. I love her and hate to see her in this situation without trying to help in any way I can. Please. If you know anything that we can do or should do tell us.