Thread: New nursing program at Fanshawe

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

New nursing program at Fanshawe

In Ontario, FYI: New nursing program - Woodstock Sentinel Review - Ontario, CA

Fanshawe College is offering a brand new practical nursing program, but you have act quickly if you want to apply.

Feb. 2 is the deadline to apply for guaranteed consideration to the practical nursing program that has been recently extended to the Woodstock campus, according to Donna Derer, chair of the Oxford County campus.

Derer said the course has made a home in Woodstock because of "a significant amount of applicant demand and a significant need for nurses."

"We're just delighted to have the program," Derer said. "It's extremely exciting, it's a big program for this campus."

At least 65 people turned out for an information session to learn about the two-year program that will land the nurses work in hospitals, long-term care facilities, rehab centres, schools and community services.

While the college already has a considerable number of applications to consider, they hope for more to ensure the program is full.

There are 40 spots available for the five level, 62 week program.

Graduates from the program will receive an Ontario College Diploma in practical nursing and can later write the provincial exam to become a registered practical nurse.

"What Fanshawe is know for, is that we provide a lot of hands-on practical learning in the field," Derer said.

The course also offers a chance to take part in a simulation lab at the London campus.

Cost of the program is $6,379.22 plus $773.86 in incidental expenses.

Starting salary for a RPN, six months out of school, is $43,000.

Applicants have to apply through the Ontario College's website located at www.ontariocolleges.ca.

Re: New nursing program at Fanshawe

Hi, I am from Bulgaria and I want to aplly to this program. How can I do this? Thanks

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Re: New nursing program at Fanshawe

You will have to apply through the school's website. 'Applicants have to apply through the Ontario College's website located at www.ontariocolleges.ca. '