Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The stressed out life of a CNA

I totally understand what you mean. There are so many things that need to be accomplished on the unit each and every day of the week. You have to make sure that the patients have enough food, water, and are well dressed and clean. You have to make sure that the patient's needs are met on a regular basis; including spiritual needs as well. You also must make sure that the nurse's aide meets all current standards as well. It is a rewarding career, but you must take your breaks. It can be a reduced stress career life as long as you take care of yourself.

I totally understand that. I have been stressed out as a CNA too since I am one. I think that it is very important to do these things when you are working as a CNA:

1. Pace yourself.

2. Understand all that you need to do each and everyday.

3. Be Flexible in what you need to do.

4. Always have a positive outlook.

You will do just fine. Good luck to you.

I know exactly what you mean for several reasons:

1. I am currently working as a CNA and an activity aide in the memory care unit and assisted living unit at the assisted living facility.
    2 I feel the stress when I am giving direct care and activity care as well when the client is having trouble or the activity is not going the way that it should go.
    3. I feel pressured when things that I need to do pile on me every day.

I have learned to prioritize my list so that I do the important things first.

I totally understand. I am working part time as a CNA and as an activity aide and I am totally stressed out. I think that the real aspect that stresses me out is the fact that I have to hurry in every aspect; including treatments and ADL work. I wish that I did not have to do that, but time is of the essence and I have to make things count. I am trying though the slow down and do things one at a time.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123