Thread: Pee test

Question Pee test

Can anyone tell me what the procedure is for when you have to take a urine drug test for the board in Illinois? Meaning, do they stand in the bathroom when you are urinating? When do they do saliva or hair sample?

Member Extraordinaire

Re: Pee test

Why do you ask???
    Amanda, RN, BSN
    Ex-Traveler Extraordinaire,
    Resident Trauma Queen

In my state, some go into the bathroom, some don't. Actually, I really haven't given it much thought because I've got nothing to hide.

Member Extraordinaire hppygr8ful's Avatar

Smile Re: Pee test

Quote Originally Posted by dlf2007 View Post
    In my state, some go into the bathroom, some don't. Actually, I really haven't given it much thought because I've got nothing to hide.
    In my state it depended on if they felt a need to observe you like if you had a previous test in question etc...
    So glad I'm done with that..................

Hppy

I live in Ohio and during urine drug screens they usually just put blue stuff in the toilet and shut off the water so you cant dilute it rather than stand there and watch you. But if you are tested by a drug counselor you are seeing they will stand there and watch you.

my opinion...they should watch. i know some people that have learn to cheat. i am not sure what Il requires but in va all they make you do is go into a stall that has no water but a specilized toliet that they flush when ur done
    ~I Battle the Angel of Death 40 hours a week. What do you do? ~Author Unknown~

Drug testing needs to follow chain of custody protocols established by the Federal Government. There are specific forms and protocols necessary in order to be sure test results are reliable. When strict chain of custody protocols are followed, observed collection of the sample is utilized. In some instances the collection area is set up to make it difficult to tamper with the specimen (described well by previous posts). There is an excellent article discussing chain of custody guidelines and other issues at this link:

A Guide to NIDA Certification for Drug Testing
    Jack
    Peer Assistance Advisor
    Ohio
    Peer Assistance OSANA
    "Addicts aren't bad people trying to become good, we are sick people trying to become well."
    Yes, I drew this picture.
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]