Thread: College network

College network

Ok my sister is LVN and she heard of College Network, the rep that went to our house said she could do her RN online in as little as a month! He said that of course most people took 6-12 months to do it. Now I am working on my LVN program and got very intrested in this, Has anyone heard of college network are they legit and good? The guy said they are accredited and alot of students have there RN with them and this and that but I just want to make sure. Please help me out

Re: College network

I don't have much experience with any of the online programs. But from what I have seen in other posts on the site, many folks have had problems with the online programs that are not run by a well known school.

Try looking around in your state to see if any of the big universities offer ADN to BSN programs. Here in Texas, both Texas Tech and UT Austin offer these, and both programs are designed to be completed while you are working a regular job.

Im also in Tx, are you saying there is the LVN to RN online with Texas tech and UT austin?

Stay away from The College Network. If intrested in online/distance learning you can contact the school directly and save lots, sometimes thousands of dollars.

If she is an LPN/LVN wanting to get info on Excelsior College she can go directly thru the college instaed of a third party. Just do an online search and get info from different colleges with online classes.

I went through Excelsior College for some of my education. Excelsior is a well run and reputable school for distance learning and is accredited however some states do not accept Excelsior so check with your BON before starting.

Quote Originally Posted by solidrock View Post
    Ok my sister is LVN and she heard of College Network, the rep that went to our house said she could do her RN online in as little as a month! He said that of course most people took 6-12 months to do it. Now I am working on my LVN program and got very intrested in this, Has anyone heard of college network are they legit and good? The guy said they are accredited and alot of students have there RN with them and this and that but I just want to make sure. Please help me out
    Dear solidrock,

Completing the entire program in a month is an unrealistic expectation. Generally, it is recommended to study 1-2 months prior to taking an exam. I have talked to people who have finished the nursing exams in as little as 6 months, but those are uncommon experiences. The most important thing is to be sure you are understanding the material from an application standpoint prior to testing.

If you have any additional questions or comments, I would be more than happy to address them as best I can. Best of luck in your educational pursuits.

Sincerely,
    Rick
    The College Network