Thread: I resigned

I resigned

Anyone else in Home health & Hospice ever have a supervisor tell you to go back on your charts and " paint a picture " to make your patients " appear " more appropriate? I refused to go back and change my documentation. But the evil woman kept after me and even asked me to get signature on admit papers from before I even worked there. DON accused me of not being a team player and I told her I would not be a party to fraudulent charting after the fact. I told her I stand behind my charting as it is period. Oh, I could go on with the list but I'll spare you that rant. Long story short, I resigned.:nurse-soapbox:

Question though, is this something common in hospice/home health? Where they want you to paint a picture of someone who is sicker than they are? Or is this because I was working for a for-profit agency vs. a non-profit agency?

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Re: I resigned

Good for sticking to your guns, Melinurse!

Far as I know, that is NOT a common practice. I've worked Home Health before. Your license is more important. If you have proof of what you had to do...it'd be better to protect yourself.

I have never worked for home health or hospice. But last Dec. I started at our local (GA) non-profit hospice and I fully enjoy it (well a few things I have had to adjust to). NO ONE EVER asks for a change in any charting, or fake an assessment to make a pt appropriate for admission. Everyone is friendly, kind, caring, well loved by their patients. Even administration is great. I can call the PCC ANY TIME for help/advise. Just last Sat., I had an admit, home from hospital at 2020. The pt took a turn for the worse during assessment and I called her to tell her pt needed to be in house. SHE started the computer work for change of status at her home, and this was at midnight! I have never heard a bad word about our hospice from anyone in the community, in fact, just the opposite. Strangers, who hear I work for hospice, come up to me telling me how wonderful it is, they had an experience with it and it was a blessing for their family, friend, etc. My only regret is: they cannot give me enough hours (I'm PRN), so I have to look elsewhere for more hours. But, I really do like this job!:banana:

Good for you! Your were not being a team, player as far as "for profit" is concerned.

Always about the $$$$$$....

So evil..

Worked in Home Health Care and hospice for 11 years. Yup - gotta make them scores high so that they get the maximum reimbursement from insurance. Make those peeps look like they are at death's door! Which you are working in hospice -- THEY ARE! Signing papers, oh heack yeas. Hate cleaning up another person's mess.