Thread: Taking a $10/hr pay cut to come to LA! Any recommendations for well paying agencies ?

Taking a $10/hr pay cut to come to LA! Any recommendations for well paying agencies ?

I am an Lpn with 27 years exp. in most all area's. I am from Florida, but most recently from the Philly suberbs where they pay Lpn's $30-33/hr. agency. I am happy that my 18 year old daughter has landed a role in a film, but unhappy with the rates I have seen so far in the LA area. Can anyone recommend an agency with steady work and great pay? Thanks

Red face Re: Taking a $10/hr pay cut to come to LA! Any recommendations for well paying agenci

You will not find 'great' pay in that area. Some agencies have been lowering their pay rates. As long as people are willing to work for less pay, this trend will continue.

Re: Taking a $10/hr pay cut to come to LA! Any recommendations for well paying agenci

Quote Originally Posted by Nurse Tracy View Post
    I am an Lpn with 27 years exp. in most all area's. I am from Florida, but most recently from the Philly suberbs where they pay Lpn's $30-33/hr. agency. I am happy that my 18 year old daughter has landed a role in a film, but unhappy with the rates I have seen so far in the LA area. Can anyone recommend an agency with steady work and great pay? Thanks
    Nurse Tracy, Sorry to say LVNs in southern california make very little. the people i went to school with make 15 to 19 an hour. i moved to northern calif where you make $32.(LTC/SNF) i would much rather live in socal but the pay is terrible even for RNs.

Re: Taking a $10/hr pay cut to come to LA! Any recommendations for well paying agenci

Sorry. I live in L.A. and work for an agency. I hate to say that it would be nearly impossible to earn a salary even close to what you were making. Not ashamed to say my pay rate is 18/hr but that is for home health agency.