Thread: My job is reporting me....

Unhappy My job is reporting me....

Hi all!
    I am new here and my job found out about a week ago that I was diverting. They called me today to leave a message that they will be reporting me to the BON and good luck to me. That's it. No help to stay at the place, which I kind of expected but I'm sad about it. Only been at the job about 2 months but I was starting to really like it. Went to work around narcs when I knew that I probably shouldn't have.
    i have to call the monitoring program for my state and see what the next step is.
    I feel scared and confused, but I know down the line, this is one of the best things that could have happened.
    Anyone with suggestions or just support, I'd love to hear from you!

Re: My job is reporting me....

Are you familiar with twelve step programs and are serious about recovery? I hope you become involved if you are an addict, because you will find support and not feel alone. Remember though, that you have to do the work; i.e get a sponsor, work the steps and show up for meetings. AA/NA works for many, many people and addiction is a killer physically, mentally and spiritually. Just lost a friend I graduated with from complications of esophageal varicies thanks to alcoholism. God Bless!

Yes I am familiar with the 12 steps. I have been reworking step one for the past couple of weeks. I was in treatment in 2007, but tested myself and went back to work around narcs, which was a huge mistake. I do have a sponsor and take this program very seriously.
    Right now I'm just taking one day at a time. Anyone who's been through this feel free to contact me, I have some questions.

Thanks!!

Hi, I have been there, done that myself. I'm currently awaiting some paperwork from the BON so I can register again with TPAPN to start the program again. I'm working as a waiter right now and have been working the steps in AA with my sponsor for the last several months. Prior to this I was using at work and when I got canned from my job I started drinking, even though alcohol was NEVER my drug of choice. Only by getting completely sober and committing myself to the program did things start to work out for me. The BON saw fit to give me back a stipulated license a few days ago that will require me to commit to a sober life with TPAPN overseeing my practice and recovery. I never thought that would happen and am grateful for the opportunity! Think about recovery as your priority and you can ONLY find that in AA or NA. Everything else will fall into line if you are doing things right and you are honest. I stress honesty for a reason. Don't lie to yourself and whatever you do, don't lie to the BON. I even told them things that they would never have found out about and I am convinced that by being transparent about my problem, my abuse history, and my program of recovery they became convinced of my sincerity in remaining sober. Action and honesty are the cornerstones of my recovery today but I have to stay committed to them daily. My spiritual condition determines how well I can remain clean and fit for service to humanity and that is our duty as nurses. I am very grateful for being given the opportunity to practice again and am looking forward to doing it again as a sober individual. It is probably several weeks or even months before I can work again as there are many steps to be completed in the TPAPN process. Having done them before I know what to expect, the difference is I view TPAPN differently now. They are there to help me, not as a nuisance to me. They not only protect the public, but us as well. We are given the tools in AA/NA to recover daily, but unless we do the work, we won't get better. I sincerely hope you do the right things for yourself and get help and do it because it's what YOU want. Not your wife, your husband, or because of fear. Fear of economic insecurity, fear of loss of prestige, or fear of whatever. Do it for yourself. I do know about addiction, believe me. It eroded my humanity and left me a shell of a human being without an ounce of dignity or self-respect and with an emptiness and loneliness that only other addicts or alcoholics (same thing in my book) can understand. Live in the solution, not the misery of addiction. If I can help at all, please feel free to leave your e-mail or phone number. We are all in this together. We need to help each other in whatever way we can.
    Scott