Thread: Looking for Online School for LPN

Looking for Online School for LPN

Hi All... I am checking to see if anyone has took the path of online schooling to become an LPN... If so, what school would you recommend??? I am looking to become an LPN, but would like to do school online...

Thanks in advance...

Re: Looking for Online School for LPN

I am going through Excelsior. I really like it. if you are really determined not to be an LPN and want to work in another field besides LTC and doctors office's then go for it. You do not need the college network. Please don't fall for it. It is a waste of your money. I fell for it and opened the first book, found it to go on and on. I then found a great set of CD's on e-bay. $10 per class. These ladies went to Excelsior. I have passed every test. Found that college network was not even to close to what I needed to pass. There is also a great couple of ladies that have started a buisness teaching Excelsior students what they need to know for the clinical. They have a 94% pass rate. I just had a friend who has been out of the hospital since LPN clinicals and said it was well woth the money and she is confident she will do fine on the clinical. the rest of my college network books are still wrapped. It makes me sick to my stomach everytime I look at them. All that wasted money. Just remember that anyone from college network is a salesperson trying to make a living. they are not a Excelsior graduate nor student.

Thanks for the info... I am actually going through Excelisor in Chicago Hts, IL to become certified as a CNA... Then I want to go to school to become an LPN, then an RN, later down the road... Are you taking a course online to become an LPN??? I have contacted so many online schools, but none offer an LPN class, they say because they have no way of doing the clinicals... So any information you can give me on the school you are with, I would appreciate it... Thanks in advance....

Wink Re: Looking for Online School for LPN

There are currently no totally online schools for LPN. All schools that have online classes require students to travel to the area where the school is located to attend clinical training.

I am taking my classes online. When I have them done I will do a one weekend clinical. Then I can take my state boards. I am going for my RN. I really think it is good to attend school for the LPN. It will allow you to learn to think as a nurse. Good Luck! I believe that Excelsior is awesome to continue your education.

Quote Originally Posted by funwithcole View Post
    I am going through Excelsior. I really like it. if you are really determined not to be an LPN and want to work in another field besides LTC and doctors office's then go for it. You do not need the college network. Please don't fall for it. It is a waste of your money. I fell for it and opened the first book, found it to go on and on. I then found a great set of CD's on e-bay. $10 per class. These ladies went to Excelsior. I have passed every test. Found that college network was not even to close to what I needed to pass. There is also a great couple of ladies that have started a buisness teaching Excelsior students what they need to know for the clinical. They have a 94% pass rate. I just had a friend who has been out of the hospital since LPN clinicals and said it was well woth the money and she is confident she will do fine on the clinical. the rest of my college network books are still wrapped. It makes me sick to my stomach everytime I look at them. All that wasted money. Just remember that anyone from college network is a salesperson trying to make a living. they are not a Excelsior graduate nor student.
    Dear funwithcole,

I am sorry to hear that you are dissatisfied with your College Network purchase. It is true that we are not necessary to complete a degree, however many people use us for the support and services that they receive in addition to our study materials. It is really a matter of choice and I always recommend that people do their research, as furthering your education is a big decision.

Normally, I would refer your complaint to our Customer Care Unit, however I am unable to locate you in our system. Your satisfaction is important to us and I ask that you contact the manager of our Customer Care Unit. Her name is Heather and she can be reached at 1-800-634-1443.

Sincerely,
    Rick
    The College Network

I do believe that if you search for a self study program you may find what your looking for. My oldest thinks she wants to be a nurse, so if you find anything let me know.

Question

Gurnick Academy offers the LVN course online?

Looking to go to school online as an LPN is a wonderful thing. Here is what I would suggest:
    1. Look up schools in your area and call them.
    2. Go to your local library and look up the schools.
    3. Look up words like "hybrid or bridge nursing in the school."
    4. Do a google search for nursing online schools.

I did some searching for an online LPN school as well and I came up with a few things:

1. I looked at LPN refresher courses and took one online.

2. I looked into schools that had flexible schedules for nursing.

3. I looked also into hybrid classes and they looked interesting.