Thread: Mrsa

Question Mrsa

I have a question about patients that are MRSA that go into the OR. We do all the precautions; PPE, disposable stethoscope and all that fun stuff. What about supplies that are unused? Should I have the staff leave the case cart outside of the room once the patient has entered the room? We had the question of what to do with supplies that were not used after a case was over pop up. I told them that we could not use the supplies on another patient. Was that correct?

Re: Mrsa

Quote Originally Posted by sbnursing View Post
    I have a question about patients that are MRSA that go into the OR. We do all the precautions; PPE, disposable stethoscope and all that fun stuff. What about supplies that are unused? Should I have the staff leave the case cart outside of the room once the patient has entered the room? We had the question of what to do with supplies that were not used after a case was over pop up. I told them that we could not use the supplies on another patient. Was that correct?

Yep, you're correct. Any equipment, supplies, etc. that may not be used ought to be left outside of the room, to avoid wasting, if possible.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][U][B]Marie[/B][/U], RN in O.R, pursuing BSN, semester [U]?[/U] of [U]?[/U]:)[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][B]Supposedly 8 out of 10 people suffer from hemorrhoids. Does that mean that the other 2 people [I]enjoy[/I] them???:confused:[/B][/FONT]
    [B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][/FONT][/B]
    [B][FONT=Comic Sans MS]My little peapod has arrived :).[/FONT][/B]