Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: need to vent

Re: need to vent

Hi I also need to blow off steam I am from South Africa and I wonder what is wrong with our dokters today I am in the sun everyday and developed some sores and dark spots on my skin lately.My GP suggest i consult a dermatologist because i had a malignent nevi removed on my thigh three years ago.The surgeon said i must be carefull in future and not take chances.So i went to the dermatologist he did not ask me about any history,so i told him about the nevi and that i have lots of mole and nevi over my entire body i would like him to check out for me.However he just check my arms and neck,freeze a couple and then tell me to take off my shirt he want a closer look to one on my neck.He then tell me he want to remove the one and send to the lab,but he have not got his instruments in his office and i must make another appointment and come back.He then told me to put on my shirt and left.I could not beleave he make me pay for a full consultation and not even check my legs.What now must i go back or find myself another dermatologist?Please tell me is this normal must patients always beg the dokters for a decent exam?

Ricu

Re: need to vent

Quote Originally Posted by YNNEK2612 View Post
    Hi I also need to blow off steam I am from South Africa and I wonder what is wrong with our dokters today I am in the sun everyday and developed some sores and dark spots on my skin lately.My GP suggest i consult a dermatologist because i had a malignent nevi removed on my thigh three years ago.The surgeon said i must be carefull in future and not take chances.So i went to the dermatologist he did not ask me about any history,so i told him about the nevi and that i have lots of mole and nevi over my entire body i would like him to check out for me.However he just check my arms and neck,freeze a couple and then tell me to take off my shirt he want a closer look to one on my neck.He then tell me he want to remove the one and send to the lab,but he have not got his instruments in his office and i must make another appointment and come back.He then told me to put on my shirt and left.I could not beleave he make me pay for a full consultation and not even check my legs.What now must i go back or find myself another dermatologist?Please tell me is this normal must patients always beg the dokters for a decent exam?
    Hi YNNEK,

Your dermatologist is bored and indifferent. I recommend that you see another one for ongoing exams and treatment. Meanwhile, be sure to use adequate precautions for sun exposure.

Good luck,

R

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12