Thread: What are requirement to work in Canada for Foreign Educated Nurse

What are requirement to work in Canada for Foreign Educated Nurse

I am a Registered Nurse in India I have done General Nursing and Midwifery 3 years fulltime diploma course, and I have 5 years plus experience. Recently I have also given academic IELTS exam and scored overall 6.0 band (Listening 6, Reading 5.5, Writing 5.5, Speaking 6). I want to migrate to Canada with my husband and son. I am planning to apply under “Federal Skilled Worker immigration” I have following queries. I would be grateful if you could provide me answers for these questions or tell me any other way to work in Canada as Nurse. Thanks allot.

1) What are the steps I will need to perform to Migrate to Canada?

2) My IELTS 6.0 BANDS will be considered for Language Skills points or I should give IELTS exam again?

3) Is NCLEX and Canadian Registered Nurse Examination (CRNE) is compulsory to work in Canada as nurse?

4) Can I give CRNE exam online from India?

5) My relatives are in Canada if they arrange a regular nurse job (Not under arranged employment); will it help for the immigration process.

6) When I have calculated my points for immigration it comes to 65 – 67. So to secure the process, Can I apply under “Arranged Employment” or “Provincial Nomination Program”?

7) Where can I find a Job listing for “Provincial Nomination Program” category? I searched many sites but didn’t found anything specifically; Nurses requirement under Provincial Nomination Program.

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Re: What are requirement to work in Canada for Foreign Educated Nurse

Welcome to the site, vilina! Re: obtaining licensure and a job in canada, I would suggest reading this post http://www.ultimatenurse.com/forum/f...-mexico-27013/ in the Canada Nurses Forum - Ultimate Nurse .

I hope this helps. Please keep us posted on how things go.

'Cat'

I feel very confused about the complete process of Canada immigration visa for “Federal Skilled Worker - Arranged Employment for nurse”. How a nurse can migrate & reach Canada in 8 to 9 months with the benefit of “Arranged Employment” or “Provincial Nomination Program”. Because according to this rules a IEN candidate is not eligible without CRNE exam, so how he/she can apply for the nurse job (indirectly employee cannot recruit such a candidate).

After some search what I learned is; If a nurse wants to apply under “Provincial Nomination Program” (PNP) category then for most of the province requirement for PNP is candidate should have passed CRNE exam. CRNE exam is only available in CANADA three times a year. So does it means candidate should complete following steps?

1. Prepare for the CRNE exam in candidate’s own country;
    2. Apply to the nursing regulatory body in that province or territory for a permit to practice nursing in the province.
    3. Apply for visa to work temporarily to meet province
    4. If province gives permission to write the exam, after which candidate can apply for full licensure in that province.
    5. Appear and pass the CRNE Exam.

I think all this process will need at least 1 year.

Then

6. Apply for Canada immigration visa for “Federal Skilled Worker - Arranged Employment” which require almost 6 month.

I would be very thankful if you can guide me for this issue.

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Unfortunatly, I have no clue on immigration requirements, You'd have to check out the link in the Forum, and contact someone at the Board there.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.