Thread: Hello, Fellow Psych Nurses ...

Head RN

Hello, Fellow Psych Nurses ...

I came upon this forum and decided to join. It looks like a few months since the last post here. Maybe there are some lurkers? I work full time in a geropsych unit as well as prn at another unit that's mostly CD/depression. Hope to meet other psych nurses here.

Re: Hello, Fellow Psych Nurses ...

I've worked in mental health exclusively since about 2005. several years before that i worked in both mental health, med-surg, and telemetry. love what i do. new to these forums. i'll be checking back periodically, so hopefully we can continue to talk. i'm trying to figure out if there is way to have email alerts when someone answers me here. anybody know?

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

When you post, right before you hit send....check the 'Thread Subscription' box. (Under Additional Options....)

thanks! got it.

Hi Everyone,
    I wish we could get this site going too.Maybe if we all agree to post some little thing every few days huh? I'll start with a question/concern. In this economy, what are some of the worst cut backs your hospital has made? Where I work, our staff has been cut so bad, that there is no one available to run to the nsg station and answer the phones !Bosses {you know the management who don't know anything about the real world of nursing} have decided to fix this problem by having us carry portable phones !!!:rolleyes:

Quote Originally Posted by wildwood flower View Post
    Hi Everyone,
    In this economy, what are some of the worst cut backs your hospital has made?
    in our regional jail (600 inmates) we have cut our nursing staff to one for night shift and 2 for evenings. now in medical emergencies, the one on nights is alone. there are jail staff to help with CPR and calling for 911 and all that, but she is in charge of the whole thing. most of our staff are LPNs, some only out of school a year or less.

this economy is really hitting us hard in corrections.

Oooh thats scary Tammy Sue !And dangerous too,if something goes wrong , guess who gets the blame?