Thread: Just a Couple Questions

Just a Couple Questions

I'm thinking of making the switch to nursing and if I do I shoud have my BSN in 2-3 years. I have decided that if I go this route I would like to join either the Army or Air Force Nurse Corps.

I have dual citizenship - US and Finnish. Would I be forced to give up my Finnish citizenship?

I also have 2 cats and 1 dog. I do have people they can stay with while I'm in training. Is there any place where I can read regulations in regards to pets and military housing?

Thanks for any information you can provide.

Re: Just a Couple Questions

Quote Originally Posted by mlnetr View Post
    I'm thinking of making the switch to nursing and if I do I shoud have my BSN in 2-3 years. I have decided that if I go this route I would like to join either the Army or Air Force Nurse Corps.

I have dual citizenship - US and Finnish. Would I be forced to give up my Finnish citizenship?

I also have 2 cats and 1 dog. I do have people they can stay with while I'm in training. Is there any place where I can read regulations in regards to pets and military housing?

Thanks for any information you can provide.
    I have no idea regards to your dual citizenship question. Yet, as long as we are talking about a NATO country prob okay.

As far as the pets, if your stateside (CONUS) the off post housing & pets your all on your own. Base housing (on post housing) is for military with (human) dependents.

If, you do have dependents and desire on post housing you would have to check the number of pets rule with each base housing office. They are now civilian run & seperate from the military. So, not a blanket Army Reg on pets and base housing.
    Cary James Barrett, RN, BSN

Re: Just a Couple Questions

I'm currently a navy nurse. I have dual citizenship and it's no issue with my security clearences. Good luck in school.