Thread: Bad Experience With A CNA Course...

Angry Bad Experience With A CNA Course...

I took a CNA course, but was kicked out of the class eight days before it was supposed to end.

I was given college credits for the class, and a grade of a C (I wasn't allowed to take the final...) So, I have the class, but because I am missing approximately 20 hours of clinical time, I can't apply for state licensure.

I was kicked out for some incredibly dumb reasons. We were told to choose either Tuesday or Friday, of that week or the next week to do a full eight hour day. I live in Alaska, and had only had my license about a month, and we were snowed in that Tuesday, so I figured, I would go on one of the other three remaining days we had. When I showed up for the normally scheduled class, she kicked me out, claiming that I said I would "try for tuesday" (I did say that...) and that it was a "Test" and she was "holding me to that statement."

Personally, I think she had a problem with me the whole time. She was constantly making comments about the fact that I was pregnant, and just lots of subtle underhanded B.S. that showed her disproval for being so young and pregnant.

I addressed it with the school, but they told me that my only option was to retake the entire class, and pay the fees for the whole thing all over again, because they wouldn't let me just make up the 20 hours.

Sucks. Majorly. But at least I have the credits towards my degree, I guess.
    [B]-Samantha

URL REMOVED BY ADMIN

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Re: Bad Experience With A CNA Course...

Boy, that does stink. You'd think the folks up there would understand snow by now........

You would think so! And I live 30 miles from the place the class was at! No way was I driving in that heck of a storm!

The woman never liked me though. When we did our review on the chapter regarding maternity care, she looked right at me and said "It's very displeasing when you see young mothers in the OB ward, but due to the state, we must keep our comments to ourselves."

Grr.
    [B]-Samantha

URL REMOVED BY ADMIN

I'm so sorry to hear about you having to go through this! It sounds like a totally unreasonable and just plain hateful instructor...she should be accomodating and looking out for her student's benefit, especially since you've got a snow storm and were pregnant! Did you by any chance try to call the instructor or the facility and let them know you couldn't show up? That might of made a small difference. I would warn other students about the school and particularly about this instructor...
    Best of luck to you!

Oh, I definitely warn people about the program! We're in a very rural community, and there isn't much available and a LOT of people take the class... And when I hear of people applying for it, I tell them to stay as far away from it as they can!
    [B]-Samantha

URL REMOVED BY ADMIN