So, because I live somewhere so incredibly rural (okay... I live in the sticks in the middle of nowhere in the middle of Alaska...) and there's only two colleges within 200 miles of me (a bible college, and a community college) I am going to the community college.

The bummer part is, their A.A.S. nursing program is only open for application every other year! And the prerequisites are a pain! Because of the time until the next cohort opens, I am going to have an associate's of arts degree, before the nursing program even starts! Which I think will make me look good.

They get about 100 applicants each cohort and only allow 14 into the program. I am increidbly nervous about this and I really hope I get in!

I have all A's currently (and I'm pretty sure I can easily keep that up!) and I have letters of reference planned! My nurse-midwife agreed to write me a letter of recommendation, as did the state health inspector, and a school counselor. So, hopefully these people's opinions will help me stand out in the crowd! The letter from my CNM will look amazing, I know that for sure!

Gah. I'm just so worried I won't get in. And then I'll either have to move and go to a different school, or I'll have to wait another two years to get into the next cohort.