Thread: can't get a travel job

can't get a travel job

Hi everyone,
    I'm at the point of having to apply for a full time perm job as I can't get a travel job. Traveled for 4 years.
    Problem is I don't know where I want to live FULL TIME, that is what I loved about traveling.
    I hate my home state of NY for many reasons and won't work here. Hospitals are very short staffed. I hate winter too, so for 3 winters I worked in Florida. Had 2 decent jobs, but not sure if that's the place for me year round. Don't know anyone there. Have friends in Massachussets and looking at Cape Cod Hospital and Falmouth.for starters,but then I get stuck again becasue of the WINTER...I need to get working.
    Any suggestions of how to decide?
    Thanks

Cool Re: can't get a travel job

Check out the travel jobs to CA that Aaron posts on this site. Today there are a couple in LA. If you like hot weather, there is usually work to be found in Bakersfield. Do a job search on one of the employment websites such as Job Search | one search. all jobs. Indeed and you will find jobs in CA. Good luck.

Re: can't get a travel job

Thanks for the web site Cali
    I'll be checking out east coast jobs.
    I'm not interested in CA.

If you can swing subacute rehab patients, try Cardiac Staffing---they have a bunch of travel contracts with Select Hospitals and they pay pretty well...they got me an assignment in South Florida this past January...:banana:

I just checked out the website. Most of postings are tele.I'm not tele certified. I'll call them anyway.
    Thanks alot