Thread: Should i continue working...

Should i continue working...

Hi, I just have a few questions and would like some input. I have charges pending currently for diverting. At this point i dont think my BON was notified. My license is active and my background check is clear. Should i continue working in nursing. If i am able to work i would like to. BUT i am wondering once i get hired, everything will be fine until i am convicted, do i have to let my job know..and if i am nursing with a conviction and my state were to find out would i lose my license in the end anyway? Thanks everyone:nurse-haha:

Cool Re: Should i continue working...

It is my understanding that it is your responsibility to inform the board if no one else did. I would call them and see what they say. You definitely will have to disclose pending charges if you seek work. Good luck getting hired under these circumstances.

Re: Should i continue working...

How do you know you have charges pending? If you are already employed I would let my employer know of the circumstances and see if you can continue working...you may need all the extra money you can get for now. Also the board is going to find out one way or another and they usually go WAY easier when the person is open and honest.

Hi lance
    I am aware of charges pending because i have been arrested. I am currently not working out of fear of diverting again. I know my board will eventually know so i have decided to self report now and get into my states PAP and follow all of the guidelines and attend NA meetings to get myself better and my career back! Thank you for responding

I am not clear on your situation... but am assuming that your diversion occurred at work??

If so, your employer would be involved as well and would be obligated to report you to the BON.

I would definitely seek treatement and if your state has a voluntary program that will protect your license it would be wise to contact the,

I would also get a criminal lawyer to see if you can get into a 1st time offenders program, to avoid a permanant felony on your record.

Good luck

As the old saying goes, "honesty is the best policy". You know what the right next step is...just trust that all will be well because it will be Check your personal messages!!! I just replied to you - sorry it took so long.
    :rolleyes:

I don't know what your state laws are. In my situation someone informed the Board. One day I received a knock on the door from the mailman and he had this big package and it was from the State Board of Nursing informing me I would have to appear in front of them and answer to my charges. I was arrested when it happened to me so I automatically lost my job. I hope everything works out for you. Try talking to your employer and see if they will work with you.