Thread: It's been a long road...

Smile It's been a long road...

"The joy is in the journey" a former sponsor once told me. I've never forgotten it. Just over two years ago, I had my nursing license taken away for diverting. This was after almost 20 years clean and sober (I got away from meetings). The recovery I have now is "true" recovery...it's real, it's honest and it's a gift. It's a miracle that I'm alive after all the respiratory depressants I injected and took PO. Over the past couple years, I've had my nursing privileges restored in increments and am hoping that this coming Friday 6/12/09, my narcotic privileges are restored. This forum has been wonderful for the past couple years...I've found a lot of insight and support here. And although we may not be in the same State, we're here for the same reason: our drugs and/or ETOH took our choices away; we were in the strangle-hold of addiciction. Recovery gives us the freedom to make choices...isn't it awesome?

Peace :nurse-angel:
    :rolleyes:

Re: It's been a long road...

It's nurses like yourself that come here and give hope to all that have just begun this horrifying journey, I know i will be here 2years from now..able to say what you just have!! Thank you for lifting my spirits:nurse-clap:and congrats on your recovery and getting your restrictions lifted!!!

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

You all are inspirations to the rest of us. There, but for the grace of a Higher Being. go the rest of us.

Congrats on your recovery and getting your license back. I'm sure it was a long road and you should be very proud of yourself. Keep up the good work.:banana:

Thanks Even though we've never met, you all mean so much to me. Thanks for being here.
    :rolleyes: