Thread: What can a Grad LPN (no license) do?

What can a Grad LPN (no license) do?

Hello you all

I would like to know if anyone know if there is anything a graduate LVN can do in the medical field if they have never passed the LVN Boards.
    I anyone know of anything I can do in medical or even anything else I can apply for just because I have had the LVN training and Graduate Diploma?
    Just wish I could do something that I use all that education I obtained and not have to go back to school .
    Please help, if anyone know of anything else I can do just because of the training I have in nursing, please do let me know
    Thank you in advance
    Lisa:banana:

Smile Re: Welcome to the LPN/LVN Forum!

If you do not already have a CNA certificate, you could probably take the CNA exam and then work as a CNA. Depends upon your state though. Some, like NY, make you take the CNA course.

Member Extraordinaire

Re: What can a Grad LPN (no license) do?

Just wondering- why don't you take your state boards so you can work as an LPN???
    Amanda, RN, BSN
    Ex-Traveler Extraordinaire,
    Resident Trauma Queen

Ricu

Re: What can a Grad LPN (no license) do?

Quote Originally Posted by lisa_ljh View Post
    Hello you all

I would like to know if anyone know if there is anything a graduate LVN can do in the medical field if they have never passed the LVN Boards.
    I anyone know of anything I can do in medical or even anything else I can apply for just because I have had the LVN training and Graduate Diploma?
    Just wish I could do something that I use all that education I obtained and not have to go back to school .
    Please help, if anyone know of anything else I can do just because of the training I have in nursing, please do let me know
    Thank you in advance
    Lisa:banana:

Hi Lisa,

It sounds like you've attempted the LVN boards without success and may be a little gun shy about taking them again. While CNA work is an excellent alternative, it's not what you started out to do. Don't lose sight of your original goal. Do you have trouble taking tests? If so, this may be where to start.

Good luck,

R