Thread: Login to UN using Facebook!

Post Login to UN using Facebook!

Users can now register and login to the forum using their facebook username/password. It's simple and easy. You can also alert your friends about ultimatenurse.com and invite them to join! Furthermore, you can associate your user account with your Facebook account.

Features
    1. Upon signing in to UltimateNurse.com with your Facebook account, any friend that you have on your Facebook that is a member of our forums is automatically added to your forum friends list.
    2. Whenever you reply to a thread or post a new thread, you are given the option to publish an update reflecting this event on Facebook.com without having to leave UltimateNurse.com!
    3. Certain profile fields are automatically filled in upon logging in to UltimateNurse.com using your facebook profile. This includes your avatar picture, location, interests, and a link to your facebook page is placed under biography.
    4. Upon receiving a PM here on UltimateNurse.com, you will be notified on facebook of a message awaiting you.

Get Started!

Simply click the Facebook button (image shown above) found beneath the login form and follow the simple instructions in the window. You will be connected in no time!
    Flight/Trauma Nurse
    RN, B.S.N., CCRN, ccNREMT-P, FP-C,
    B.S. NeuroScience, M.S.N.(ACNP/FNP) Student
    ACLS, PALS, NRP, PHTLS, and all the other $2 titles

Member Extraordinaire

Re: Login to UN using Facebook!

Let's see if mine works...
    Amanda, RN, BSN
    Ex-Traveler Extraordinaire,
    Resident Trauma Queen

Member Extraordinaire

My facebook pic shows up on my profile page, but not when I post to threads.... Also, I don't want to publish a thread to my facebook page every time i post on here. I know I can just hit "skip" when asked if I want to publish, but it's kind of annoying- is there a way to undo the publishing feature? Also, I thought it would be more like a facebook app- how do I invite my FB friends to join???
    Amanda, RN, BSN
    Resident Trauma Queen

Member Extraordinaire

ok, now the facebook avatar shows up- i had to delete my old avatar.
    Amanda, RN, BSN
    Resident Trauma Queen

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaWIRN View Post
    My facebook pic shows up on my profile page, but not when I post to threads.... Also, I don't want to publish a thread to my facebook page every time i post on here. I know I can just hit "skip" when asked if I want to publish, but it's kind of annoying- is there a way to undo the publishing feature? Also, I thought it would be more like a facebook app- how do I invite my FB friends to join???
    Trust me. On the developer side, it is a facebook app.

You can disable the email features by going to User CP and editing your email options.

As far as inviting your friends, the app does that automatically. Any of your friends on facebook, that have their facebook accounts registered with UltimateNurse.com will automatically be added to your list here on the forum.
    Flight/Trauma Nurse

Member Extraordinaire

I know if will add your facebook friends who are already on UN to your UN firends list, but how can you invite FB friends who are NOT using UN to join UN? That would help us to grow a LOT! Te thing that was annoying me has nothing to do with e-mail- it's the box that pops up everytime I post on UN, asking if I want to publish the post on my FB page as well..... how do I make it stop doing that?
    Amanda, RN, BSN
    Resident Trauma Queen

Nope, that feature does not exist yet. I will see what I can do.
    Flight/Trauma Nurse