Thread: help with scrubs

Smile help with scrubs

hi my name is kyle and im an intern for a new online scrubs retailer, Scrubadoo.com, and i need some help. im studying business in school and so naturally i know nothing about nursing, scrubs, or fashion. i'm supposed to be helping with the website, but i have no idea what nurses like.

if anyone could help me, i just wanted to know what kind of fashions or brands you might like?

i would really appreciate any help or hints you give me. thanks!

Re: help with scrubs

Quote Originally Posted by kjmUVA View Post
    hi my name is kyle and im an intern for a new online scrubs retailer, Scrubadoo.com, and i need some help. im studying business in school and so naturally i know nothing about nursing, scrubs, or fashion. i'm supposed to be helping with the website, but i have no idea what nurses like.

if anyone could help me, i just wanted to know what kind of fashions or brands you might like?

i would really appreciate any help or hints you give me. thanks!

i like scrub tops that have some shape to them. the cheapest ones make a person look square like sponge bob. i like the ones that have a cut that fits, and not just because some strings were added to tie it behind your back to create a sort of waist.

scrub bottoms with a tie on the waist always feel sloppy to me, like they are falling off. and the ones with the big pockets on the sides of the thighs make a person look bottom heavy. i like the ones that have an elastic waist, pockets where pockets should be like on jeans, and a straight leg cut. this gives a person some shape to the bottom half as well.

in other words, get as far away from pajamas as you can get, and i will like them better.

Smile Re: help with scrubs

One more layer in sizing. Extra large and extra large +, the EL+ being between extra large and 2XL. Since the industry does not currently go this far in sizing, I doubt that anyone would consider offering it, unless by the independent companies. I generally prefer the house brands of the independent companies due to cost and other factors. Offer brands that cover all price ranges, from economical to the high end, so that the customer has wider choice. More blended fabrics, and less emphasis on 100% cotton.

Thanks for the help Tammy and cali!

Tammy it's funny that you mention pajamas because I actually got a pair of scrub pants to wear as pajama pants haha.
    And cali that's a good idea to have more sizes. I never thought of it, but I doubt anyone likes the cookie-cutter sizes there are for scrubs.

I know that we were planning on carrying Landau, Urbane, and Dansko scrubs, are these good quality brands?

Hey there. Since you asked, I definately like to get scrubs that actually don't make me look like i'm a spongebob! lol! i like scrubs that actually kinda look like "real" clothes....i am really loving the mandarin collar/foe-wrap style that ****ies and others are doing right now. it seems to me that nearly every girl i know on the floor loves the urbane scrubs brand....they're pretty great looking scrubs i just haven't personally gotten around to spending the money on new scrubs. hope that helps
    ---Amy

Grey's Anatomy are also very popular scrubs. You can get 15% with the coupon JULY4 until tomorrow at Medical Scrubs Collection

My wife designed and makes all my scrubs. I am very picky about fabric. I prefer bamboo fibered cloth and also Hemp fibered cloth. More comfort. Last longer.

Thanks for all the help!

Aparently, it is pretty difficult to find suppliers of non-traditional sized clothes/scrubs. But in the future we plan on manufacturing our own scrubs and because of your suggestions we're trying to see if we can offer that.

So thanks again everyone