Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ANY OTHER ENTREPRENEURS?!?!

ANY OTHER ENTREPRENEURS?!?!

I've diversified out of the traditional nursing role so I can be home with my kids and "work" from home..... and I LOVE it! I never minded the hospital "owning" my time till I had kids and I found I was trying to fit my time with my kids/family AROUND my employment.

I tried the nutritional field and lost my butt over 5 years and then added Global website technology and have done great there. How many of you have either left Nursing entirely or have another business while still in Nursing?? How do you like it?

Re: ANY OTHER ENTREPRENEURS?!?!

I am also a Nurse entrepreneur, and have been in a variety of nursing businesses over the past 10+ years. I've done nursing consulting, conducted continuing ed seminars on the road, home health agency owner, private duty nursing company owner, and some legal case review. What is your web business all about? (Just curious). I think that being a nurse is the most versatile career, because you can do so many different roles and functions. Keeps you from getting bored. I am also convinced that more nurses need to try out their entrepreneurial wings. While nursing is GREAT, hospitals can be toxic environments. One reason that I became an entrepreneur was because I felt that the hospital was sucking the life out of me as a person. Nurses can practice their art and science without being employees of toxic environments.

Yes, I am an entrepreneur too! I have started a DME business specializing in a new bowel therapy equipment that I just got approved by the state of California Medi-Cal system. I don't plan on having any employees. I am out-sourcing the billing, but I am not sure how to educate people in the medical field about this new equipment. Any suggestions? I was thinking of offering a referral fee for qualified leads that ultimately receive authorization form either their private insurance or medi-cal.

Sharon

That's AWESOME!!! What is your business?? You mentioned Bowel... is it like bowel training??

Employees are a hassle, but without it will you have any free time at all?? I'd also not do referral fees due to liability there, but how about hitting up the MD offices and take donuts or something and do an inservice?? Get some of your doc friends to help spread the word!! I did that when we started our corporation. A few months ago I also diversified with Mela on-line, and the extra $4,000 to $6,000 monthly for what I call "playing" on line has been great...

Tell us more about your program and we can help you know how to get the world out!!

:-) CONGRATS!!!!

Linda/RN
    BizNurse@satx.rr.com
    www.Ex-FrustratedNurse.com

Hi everyone...I'm new to this site...I've been an IC for about 4 years doing primarily private pay home care/visits and extended hrs/case management...this past year however I've taken a different course....aesthetics....took classes in botox injuections, sclerotherapy, medical skin care...LOVING it...been busy and learn ing a great deal...recently joined forces with another aesthetic RN and we are going to teach this new "trade" to other RN's....will include botox, sclerotherapy, laser hair removal, dermabrasion and medical skin care....any interested RN's please contact me here or my e-mail
    paulettevrem@cs.com thanks and good luck

Eleven years at my own business

I worked as an RN for ten years, and for five of those, wrote on the side. Then I got a three-book deal from my publisher, and left nursing. That was eleven years ago. I've written and sold 20+ novels to major publishers. Until now, just writing has worked wonderfully, and I've been able to support my family on just writing income. But the publishing industry is going through some upheavals, and I'm looking at pulling my license out of storage as one possibility during this publishing change.

Every career path has its bumps.

Re: Eleven years at my own business

Yeppers... I completely understand that. I started a medical cost containment / medical fraud investigation corporation in 1991 and then managed care killed that field... We moved to supplement income with a business built totally on line so I could work it around my kids, and it's done better than I ever dreamed of with a nice recurring monthly income now...THANKFULLY! There WAS no RECURRING income with Nursing.... LOL!!!

I totally admire you for writing books!! Are they about Nursing?? Where can we buy/order them???

<font color="blue"> </font color>
    Linda/FCLS, CMAS, BS, RN *NOW stay at home MOM*!!!
    EMAIL - BizNurse@satx.rr.com
    AOL I.M. - NetEmpowered

Re: Eleven years at my own business

Excellent going! What books have you written? That is so interesting! I will tell you what you can do with that talent....write instructions for, like, anyone. Have you read instructions for the operation of some medical equip.? OMG where do they get these folks.

Nothing so glamerous as your internet ventures but...I became so fed up with nursing once that I went to the mall and got a job selling clothes at Lillie Rubin. When those gals started acting like some of my previous coworkers I decided it would be better to get paid while enduring the stress. I am back, still stressed, getting educated and working on getting out but in a higher economic manner. What type of internet businesses are you guys doing?

Shoot, not sure ANY business is glamorous!! LOL! Just as with our corporation, it takes effort to grow a successful business, but at least now I can do so in my PJ's in front of my computer! LOL!!!

I just heard that we're 200,000 Nurses short in hospitals!! WONDER WHY?!?!? Sadly, they don't have a clue. When Healthcare because a big BUSINESS, that's when they lost MY loyalty. I reviewed a hospital billing a few days ago where an AICD was billed, and the hospital cost (per invoice) was $23,000.00. HOWEVER.... they BILLED the patient/insurance $90,300.00!!! Sorry, but $67,000 mark up is a big high!!

YOU BET I'm glad to be out!! Guess I always had ENTREPRENEUR RED in my blood and I'm just not sure I could go back to "busting butt" for ANY boss...

What type of degree change are you going for?? Feel free to email me privately do I don't miss a note...

Linda/CMAS, BS, RN *NOW stay at home MOM*!!!
    EMAIL - BizNurse@satx.rr.com
    AOL I.M. - NetEmpowered
    ICQ - 10383018

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast