Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How many of us out there are over 35?

Re: How many of us out there are over 35?

Hi...I just turned 35 today! I am (hopefully) starting my clinicals next fall. Working on my last 2 pre-reqs for nursing school right now. I am loving every minute of school and looking so forward to clinicals. I never would have appreciated the dedication it takes to go to school & do well when I was younger. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Interesting variety of ages represented here. I am currently 53 and will be 54 in Dec. And am begining a new career in nursing. I really dont think the age has a lot to do with it, as long as your state of mind is where it needs to be. My wife has worked in the ER of a local hospital for about 18 years. So this is my only connection with the medical field, and is from the dreaded spouses point of view, but this is all gonna change soon. Just start every new day with an open mind and an open heart and it's gonna be very rewarding. Good Luck Jerry

Good luck to you! Having started Nursig School at 32...with 2 babies at home and a 3rd one on the way, I know if you set your mind to it you will do just fine. I've been nursing for 10 years and it keeps getting better!

wow, you all pretty much saved my faith. I am 43 was a cna for about 6 months, and cried when I had to go back to waitressing and then as a Restuarant Manager for the last 3 years. I could'nt afford to work at 6.50 per hour. Anyways here I am again wanting so much to get my R.N. I am now taken an english course through adult ed to ready me for college classess. Then I need all my pre-reqs before I can go on. I have two children one 17 and one 24 with spastic cp. God bless this forum. You just inherited a replentished student ..Thanks sooooo much!!!

Hey, it's NEVER too late!

I"m crying I must be the oldest RN here.(And the oldest body doing it). I started about 13 years ago, I am 54 now.I still love the learning in nursing and everyday learn of something I have never heard of before. That's what I love about nursing.It's such a wide open field, if you really burn out on what you are doing you can still find something entirely different to do and stay in the field. I have done Internal Medicine, Geriatrics, Dialysis acute and home training, Home Health, My own business helping elderly in the home, and now work in Acute Care Elderly, in the hospital again. I do prefer hospital, but resented it when some one told me you were either hospital or not. I really like learning it all. Still kicking but not so high. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Hey Youngin, <G>
    I am 57 and totally understand what you are saying, re. burnout. I am a nurse anesthesiologist. I have been in practice for 30 years. This is an excellant place for nurses to meet. Glad to see it here.
    Jim

Thanks Jim, glad you found us. Hope to see you around here often.

Aaron

I am 39 and have been a nurse for 17 years, a youngster among some of you, old timer among most [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]I think I was 37 when I went back to school and started Nursing classes. I have been nursing for about 11 years now. It changed my life for the better more than I ever imagined. That and quitting smoking was the hardest things in life I have done for myself, and they have been the best things I have done for myself. Flashing to the past with your post...

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast