Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How many of us out there are over 35?

Re: How many of us out there are over 35?

I am 48 and received my RN in August of this year!!!!!

i'm only 18

I'm a 49 year-old male in 1st semester of a nursing program (not the prereqs--the actual program) for BSN. But after 30 years of long-distance running, no smoking and having given up beer/liquor when I got married 12 years ago (did I post a beer logo previously?), am probably in much better condition (God willing) than many of my fellow students' dads. Most of us still feel like 20 year-olds as we peer out, as even my parents said when they were in their 70s.

(I'm also the only male in the fall 1st semester session for a BSN with 39 female students, another male student having dropped out. About half are married; several in their late 20s and early 30s; the next oldest born 1967. Four guys in the 2nd semester group, and a couple in 3rd semester. Seven guys in 1st semester at another BSN univ. in town. But that's another issue.)

Greg,

Glad to have you here man!

I turned 37 in September. 15 years RN and working on my MSN through an Online program.

Hi Everyone!
    This is my first time here....and I have to say....what a bunch of great sounding people! I am grateful to be a part of this group. I am 53, which is sometimes hard to admit to myself...or anyone else for that matter! I went back to school when I was 38 and had 6 kids still at home. I have 8 altogether....7 I birthed, one is a stepson, but my own if asked. I have been out of the mainstream of nursing for a couple of years doing only 2 days a week at an Assisted Living Facility because of Fibromyalgia, but, I am on a new med regimen and feeling much better, so I have been thinking about getting back in the mainstream as I really miss the hands on, intense nursing. My hubby and I are also in the process of starting our own construction business too though, so I am not sure what I will be doing. But I am a nurse at heart and will enjoy reading your posts and being allowed to be a part of your nursing experiences. I have to say, it makes me feel much better to know that I am not the only one that went back to school and am in the slightly older generation.....only slightly though :+).
    Linda

I am now 47 and going on 48 in March. I was a LPN for 20 yrs then returned to school and got my BSN in 1999 and am now taking online courses for my masters and forensic nursing.. So there are still some of us out there

just graducated in may 2003 with bsn. turned 40 in may 2003. it is doable. i was divorced (still am) with three sons ages now are 20, 19, 15. looking to return for my msn.

I've started back to school recently to work toward my RN...long-time dream. It's VERY encouraging to hear there's so many others that are my age starting back to school.

I'm 22, will be 23 in December. I graduate in 5 weeks with my nursing degree and I'm getting VERY excited. Any words of wisdom from the "experienced" RN our there? I'm very nervous about taking the NCLEX!!!!!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast