Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How many of us out there are over 35?

How many of us out there are over 35?

Thought I would start out the new forum with a poll question. How many of us out there are over 35? I myself am. I turn 39 on 7-12 and start the ADN program in the fall of this year. I also recevied my GED in January of 02. Call it determination to accomplish my dream. I plan to go to school while working full time and caring for my family, ( a partially disabled husband and two teenage sons). Hows that for determination.

Re: How many of us out there are over 35?

Well, my body feels like its over 35, but i'm only 25. I'll be 26 in january. I'm currently in LPN school and on to a year of RN school after that. I work full time, in addition to running this site. I am married to a beautiful wife and have a two year old daughter. It isn't easy going to school and working, especially trying to get this site going too, but it can be done.

I applaud you for doing what you're doing. It will be alot of hard work, but when you are through, you're life will be much better because of it. Not only the job that you will have, but the experience you had getting it.

Nursing school really sucked at first, but now I'm loving it, although I may not always make out that way.

When you make it through, you will be right, it will have taken alot of determination.

There was a girl in my class who just graduated. She is only 24 I think. She has six kids, and I'm not sure if her husband even worked. AND, she worked full time!!

I thought that was unbelievable. She is a great example of what you can accomplish if you really set your mind to it.

Go for it, My mother went to LVN school when I was a senior in HS she still had 4 kids at home, one in HS (me)) and 3 in elementary school. She worked part time then. When she was in her early 50's she made her dream come true by getting her ADN. She worked full time as an LVN while doing so, and still had 4 kids plus one grandchild at home. 1 in high school 3 in college My older sister had moved home after her divorce to finally finish college with her 10 year old son. YOU CAN DO IT !!!

I am 47 in May and in my heart and mind I am still a kid. The body, well after two decades + I am doing well just feeding myself. LOL I truely admire what you are doing and also say Go For It! The Nursing profession will never bore you! It will challange you daily and by the minute. You will become someone you are not now and for the better I think. I know if I had to embark on a new career at this point in my life, it would probably be the welcome lady at WallMart. Stay in touch with all of us and let us help you in any way we can.

Ugh, that's two+ decades in Nursing

Wow, my birthday is in September. I must be losing my mind!!!

i am......... i am 41. been nursing as lvn for 21 yrs and i am doing the distance learning for my RN. i have had 3 marriages, 1 daughter and 3 of other womens kids to raise. now it is all about debbie time......... going to take my clinical weekend hopefully in sept or oct and then state boards........ debbie_ann_tx@yahoo.com

I will be 38 in November. I have been a Paramedic in Texas for the last 4 years. I have decided to get my RN because it is the next logical step for me in my medical career. I work for my local hospital and I am an EMS clinical instructor for our local college. I am getting my RN through a distance learning program because I cannot go to school Mon-Fri 8-5. Plus I can finish faster this way. I am all about speed!

I was all about speed too, at first. Now I just want to make sure I know all that I need to know, and when I get done, I get done. But you have a good head start with your medical background so you can afford to go faster. I'm in from the ground floor...

Hi, I'm brand new. Nursing has always been a dream. So at age 50 I'm starting LVN school next week. wish me luck. I may need all of you to help.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast