Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: How many of us out there are over 35?

Thumbs up Re: How many of us out there are over 35?

I'm 38 and just started LVN school:confused: . On top of caring for my 1 YO son and working nights as an ER tech. But a guys gotta do, what a guys gotta do to make ends meet.

Re: How many of us out there are over 35?

I'm 24, and just starting my first year this fall So I will be almost 30 when I graduate.

I am 34 and starting the first year of my BSN next month.

Add another to the "over 35" group!

I'm 39 and have been a Paramedic for 12 years - starting the Excelsior ADN program in October; I'm also doing it for the added opportunities that getting my RN will open up. I pretty much have to go the Excelsior route because of having to work 36/48 hour weeks... Doesn't leave much time for traditional school. :mad:

Almost there!! I'm 32 and I start my 2 year nursing program in 24 days. While I am in school I am doing my pre requisites at ANOTHER college to get ready for the second year. I'm a glutton for punishment, LOL. Luckily I don't have to work the first year though and the GI Bill is helping, too. My mom didn't get into nursing school until she was in her mid-forties. She worked through it in tears sometimes but now she's an RN and never regretted all the hard work it took. I think if I have one role model nowadays, it's her.

Im a young 35 down in New Orleans ,stopped smoking and drinking about two years ago so that should help me
    Check it out/Down in New Orleans
    :smoking2:
    http://neworleanskidsrecovery.com/phpBB2/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron C. View Post
    Well, my body feels like its over 35, but i'm only 25. I'll be 26 in january. I'm currently in LPN school and on to a year of RN school after that. I work full time, in addition to running this site. I am married to a beautiful wife and have a two year old daughter. It isn't easy going to school and working, especially trying to get this site going too, but it can be done.

I applaud you for doing what you're doing. It will be alot of hard work, but when you are through, you're life will be much better because of it. Not only the job that you will have, but the experience you had getting it.

Nursing school really sucked at first, but now I'm loving it, although I may not always make out that way.

When you make it through, you will be right, it will have taken alot of determination.

There was a girl in my class who just graduated. She is only 24 I think. She has six kids, and I'm not sure if her husband even worked. AND, she worked full time!!

I thought that was unbelievable. She is a great example of what you can accomplish if you really set your mind to it.
    Hello Aaron,
    I am applying to LPN school in June. I was wondering if you could give me some advice on (LPN) school. Is it very stressful, and hard? I am very nervous about going to school, I just hope I make it.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789