Thread: Flu & Wellness Clinics

Question Flu & Wellness Clinics

Hello,
    I had a right total knee replacement 3 months ago, & can not return to my usual position in High tech ped. homehealth for a couple more months.
    Can anyone tell me if they have done per diem work with the flu & or wellness clinics. If so, what was your experience ? Thanks.

Re: Flu & Wellness Clinics

I do them every year with maxim, they are great for some extra cash (not much, they don't pay well), and for something to do during my days off. I got paid last year $14 (the pay was the same for LPN's as what I made as an RN) plus travel money to and from each place. the clinics usually lasted 4 hours, although the one's at fed-ex in memphis could go on all day. honestly, i made more in travel reimbursement for each clinic than i did in actuall pay. but i almost always worked by myself, i would set up my satiopn by myself and do all the paper work and collect the money myself, i had a big tube full of all my supplies and carried them home each time, when i ran out of something like vaccine, i would drive into the office, other wise i just faxed my time sheet in and mailed a money order and the insurance claim forms into the office. i mostly did small clinics, like the one's you see at walgreen's, but when i would do one of the big one's (like at a factory or fed-ex) there would be more people to helpout, they would have someone to just take money and help people fill out their paper work, and then have the nurse's just giving injections. i like to do them, becasue during flu seaon if i'm at home by myself and i feel bored, i can just call up my office and say i want to work today, where can i go? and they give me a list, and i say, okay, i'll go there. i had one clinic last year where i was there for 3 hours and did all of 6 injections, then the next week was at a place for 4 hours and did somewhere around 150, but it's never hard. i wouldn't be considering it for full time work however.

Re: Flu & Wellness Clinics

Thanks AmberDouglas for the info. No, I wouldn't plan to do the clinics full time, just til I can get a clear go ahead from my Orthopod to return to work.
    Do you or anyone out there know if Favorite is an acceptable company to work for doing the clinics. I have heard good things about Maxim.