Thread: DIVERSION/reporting

DIVERSION/reporting

Does the hospital you work for have to report you? I'm told by law they have to report,or they will be fined. Is this true? I was reading some posts,and some say they're hospital didn't report.

Member Extraordinaire hppygr8ful's Avatar

Wink Re: DIVERSION/reporting

Quote Originally Posted by Lisago View Post
    Does the hospital you work for have to report you? I'm told by law they have to report,or they will be fined. Is this true? I was reading some posts,and some say they're hospital didn't report.
    I don't know of many cases where the hospitals in the major states at least didn't report to the bon especially in cases where the diversion of narcotics was discovered or where a nurse was deemed too impaired to safely practice. I don't know if they are required by law to report but from a risk management standpoint they will almost always report you because that's how they cover their you know what's in case there is future litigation. Remember that diversion of narcotics is a federal crime, punishable by imprisonment. In most cases the feds have bigger fish to fry than addicted nurses, but they are not above making an example of anyone who fails to tow the line.

Believe me this is not the worst thing that could hgappen to you. It may seem bad right now but in the,long run if you go along with the program you will emerge a better nurse for it.

In my own case the hospital I worked for gave me ten days to self report or they would report me. I didn't even divert narcotics. It all worked out for the best because today my license is clear and I am working as a nurse and a mentor to people who walk the path I have walked.

Peace and Namaste

Hppygr8ful