Thread: Friday, July 31st, 2009

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Friday, July 31st, 2009

Good morning, everyone! Yep, it's Friday at last. I kinda slept in today, but.....oh, well.

Ricu, good luck. Keep us posted, eh?

I know cassioo will drop by when able, but methinks she has probably put down roots in the sand.

Of course, coffee is calling. Anyone else interested in a cup?

Ricu

Re: Friday, July 31st, 2009

Yeah, I'll take a cup. Went into the meeting with sun shining and came out to pouring rain. After the last few days, we need it. My garden was sighing when I got home.

The candidate interviewed favorably and I sense that he answered questions honestly. I hate to pat myself on the back but I was the only one in the room that put him through his paces. While everyone else; chief of staff, administrators, other physicians and nurses were describing the facility, the staff, and asking one-word-answer questions, I opened up my old interview toolbox and asked him scenario questions. "If situation XYZ occurred, what would your approach be?," "Tell us about a time when you were in a conflict situation and how you handled it?"

I don't know, I guess I was a tough administrator back when I wore a suit to work. I may really like the way a car looks and sounds but I want to go out on the highway and open 'er up a little before I buy.

Anyway, this guy looks good, sounds good and drives well so, I hope he takes the position.

Cat, I went to start today's thread and saw you already did it. Maybe tomorrow.

R

Ricu, with my history, 'xyz' doesn't happen, it's 'zyx'. Everything goes totally backwards. My answer is usually, 'It all depends".

We had sun AND rain yesterday: sun to the West, and a heavy downpour.

Afternoon, all.......

Hot dang! A 'suit' who actually gets his/her hands dirty (so to speak). I like that, Ricu; wish we had more of you out there in the trenches.

Ricu

"XYZ" or "ZYX," both happen regularly, right Cat? I don't play head games, I just like to get an idea of how someone thinks on his or her feet.

Sue, I was definitely a working administrator even with the suit. There was a labcoat hanging on the back of my door because I was out there every day for one reason or another. I'm in a different place now and no longer have a title. Even though I did the job well, I really belong at the bedside.

See y'all, and maybe some sun tomorrow

R

It's pushing 11 pm, and am just puttering around here. Was listening to YouTube, and remembering when.

Hey, Cat.....thanks for reminding me. Meant to find a song for SoldierNurse some time ago. YouTube - America- Sandman

A friend of mine from the chorus would play this song alot on the piano. Thought Soldier would appreciate it.

Ricu, I have known many a supervisor who has 'hidden behind their door'. Thus the kudo's.

I think I am heading off to bed myself.