Thread: nurse from illinois needs advice

Member Extraordinaire hppygr8ful's Avatar

Wink Re: nurse from illinois needs advice

Agree to disagree!

Peace and Namaste

Hppygr8ful

Re: nurse from illinois needs advice

hi,
    Wow! ok. thankyou to everyone who replied back, everyones comment was very helpful. Just to know that im not a complete failure as a nurse, and that i have a disease, and there are others out there like me...is very comforting in it itself. i forget these things often.

no im not on a criminal probation, to answer the previous questions. sorry, i was nervous and really was unsure of what "legal process" was happening to me. but i am completely aware now,since i had court today.

ok, the lawyer issue. i can understand if one finds a lawyer that does not specialize in nursing liscense, how that can be a waste of money. how ever THANK GOD!!!!!!! that was not my case. It was not luck, it was GOD working in my life. i had TWO lawyers to pick from in the phone book, from thousands. and i ended up hiring a lawyer who not only worked for the BON for 25 years, prosecuting nurses, he also traind the prosecuting attorney i have on my case, he is retired and ...and....had 23 years in sobriety. that is a gift from GOD. he knew everyone today inside and outside the court room, he was able to put off my next court date till mid october, and get my informal conference back on track, since i missed that date dut to an error in my mailing address and dut to that, i went straight to a preliminary hearing. i was so scared when i got that letter in the mail and it was a complaint against my licences. so im grateful i found a laywer...especially this one.

so i need to contine my recovery, working with my sponsor, going to my meetings, and i can continue to work. and he will take care of the rest.

yes, i dont know of any diversion programs in il, but my lawyer and another state board employee did sort of start a nurses....recovery....program, like aftercare counseling and whatnot. called illnois professionals health program. so i will be contacted by that lady very soon to start that.

i will most likley have restrictions, since im a pre-post op rn in a hospital, night shift, lots of narcs. so that job will be either changed internally, or i will have to go somewhere else. but at least i can start looking now at other options.

i am pleased but today. i can breath again. and i do not feel like i have IMPENDING DOOM cloud over me. i truly believe this is a blessing in disguise. this whole issue. ive been a nurse in the hospital for over 10 years, ive been thinking about school for a while. so maybe i will go back to school and get out of the hospital, floor nurse role.

i thank everyones comments, and i will be visiting this website form now on.
    thanks a bunch,
    kmsrn

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12