Thread: Help

Facebook User

Help

HI everyone. Is there anyone familiar with Ga legal system and GBI. I relapsed after 10 years of sobriety and stole meds from hospital I was working in. I was using for 3 weeks before I was drug tested and asked to resign. I picked up a white chip JUne 30th and have been clean & sober since then. I am trying to pick the pieces up. I have self reported myself to Ga BOard of Nursing and joined the Nursing Advocacy group. I am going to 1-2 meetings a day and trying to get back to basics. I am full of fear of what will happen. I have not heard from the GBI--but I did hear the hospital turned the info over to the GBI. Do they call me or will they show up at my door? How long does it take for them to come? I am so afraid I am going to jail. Please help.

Re: Help

Most likely what will happen is you'll get a letter from the Board, offering you to either enter their impaired nurses program (generally 3-5 year program) or, surrender your license immediately. If you enter their program, and complete all requirements (random urines, meetings, counseling, etc.) then there won't be any "black mark" on your license. I'm from MA so don't know the details of GA. But, I too was sober for a number of years (17) and diverted at work. I doubt that you'll be arrested because from what I hear, if that were to happen, it would have almost immediately happened following your diversion.
    :rolleyes:

Facebook User

Re: Help

Thank you for your help.