Now this would be something to always remember! $10K scholarship shocks nursing student | Cincinnati.com | Cincinnati.Com

Aspiring emergency room nurse Lindsay Harness got the shock of her life last month.

Harness, who works at City Barbecue in Eastgate, was called in by General Manager Toby Stoller for an "incident" that had occurred during her shift the night before.

That incident turned out to be a $10,000 college scholarship awarded to Harness as part of an employee scholarship program.

She was one of nine employees to apply for the scholarship, which is administered through the Columbus Foundation.

The 2006 Bethel Tate High School graduate is pursuing a degree in nursing from the University of Cincinnati and considering a double-major in biology.

"I knew I first wanted to become a nurse in 2004 when my dad was in a serious car accident," Harness said. "He was in the hospital for two months, and I really got to know the nurses. They inspired me. My brother is also a paramedic, and I look up to him."

Harness is the daughter of Ann and Dale Harness of Bethel.