Hi all. Im a Registered Nurse, trained in the UK (Northern Ireland) and in posession of a Bsc Hons degree. At the minute Im begining to do the ground work to obtain my licence to practice in the United States, Massachusetts to be specific.
My background is 7 years experience in an acute surgical unit with speciality in breast, colorectal, vascular and general surgeries.

On my side- I am a U.S. Citizen although Ive never practiced or worked in the U.S. so I dont have the added worry about obtaining a visa or green card which others in my posistion endure.
However, Where do I start in studying??? Ive identified my weaknesses as being in areas associated with midwifery, gynacology and children's nursing- Areas in which I have limited experience. Ive purchased the Kaplan & Lippencott NCLEX RN books and the multi media practice tests which come with these publications and have had little trouble with the Surgical/Medical/Psych questions

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I address these shortcomings as I begin to prepare to apply to the CGFS and indeed work myself up to take the NCLEX exam.
All help would be appreciated, especially from other UK trained nurses who have been in my posistion and can understand where I am coming from.
Hell I'll take advice from anywhere at this stage!

Many Thanks
Cathal