Thread: looking to start school

looking to start school

hello everyone my name is Matt I am a United States Marine but I am about to get out and I have always wanted to help people especially children. I have a Bachelors degree and am looking for a school to attend in San Diego and was wondering if I needed anything else to get into the school. Any good advice would help me allot. I'm very new to this so anything you can tell me will be great so that I can pursue being a nurse at say a Children Hospital.

Thank you,
    Matt

Cool Re: looking to start school

Since you already have a degree you would qualify to enter an accelerated BSN program and might want to consider looking at these programs when you are researching nursing schools. Most people apply to all the programs nearby to better their chances of getting into a program. Be wary of the accelerated program though. Many people find that they can not keep up with the fast pace, so that is a consideration. You need to insure you are prepared for working at that intensity. Good luck in your efforts to become a nurse and welcome to the site.

Re: looking to start school

Depending on what field your Bachelor's is in, and how long ago you completed some of the classes, you will probably have to take some pre-requisites. Biology for Science Majors, Chemistry, Anatomy and Physiology I & II, and Statistics are some of the classes most programs require. The sciences usually need to have been taken fairly recently.

You have chosen a great career to follow, and thanks for serving.