Thread: unprofessional

Angry unprofessional

Just venting here. I just started a job at a facility that employs a male nurse "supervisor" who showed up to work yesterday AM wearing a t-shirt that said, "Save a Virgin. Do Me". I really don't care what people choose to wear in their personal lives but I have to wonder what reaction a female nurse would get if she showed up wearing something like that. I personally thought it was disgusting and showed a horrible lack of respect for his fellow employees not to mention patients and patients' family members with whom he would be expected to interact in a supposedly professional role.

Member Extraordinaire

Re: unprofessional

I'm all for funny t-shirts but not at work and that one isn't funny I just think trash....more does he look like the My name is Earl guy. Trashy and tasteless.

Cool Re: unprofessional

Hmm..his shirt certainly invites a claim of sexual harassment, eh? :rolleyes:

Thanks for the posts. I must say I was astounded and I have seen a lot in 24 years most of which I blow off because I just can't get worked up about what other people wear to work. This one took the cake, so to speak, though. I agree about the sexual harassment issue and wondered whether he realized he was opening himself up to a charge like that. I doubt he knew and guess he just has incredibly poor judgment about his job and what it means to at least appear to be a professional person to others. I have no idea what his clinical skills are. No doubt they're fine or I assume he wouldn't be working as a supervisor.

Quote Originally Posted by smbrn
    I really don't care what people choose to wear in their personal lives but I have to wonder what reaction a female nurse would get if she showed up wearing something like that.
    If you don't care you wouldn't come to a male nurse forum to bash male nurses. I could go to the "female nurse" forums and complain about how the female staff at my facility likes to compare the penis sizes of all the male patients in the unit. If a patient comes in with what they consider to be a large penis....they will even call nurses from other floors to come and look at it.

From talking to other nurses, this behavior happens everywhere, not just at my facility.

Oh...and to answer your question as to what male nurses would think if the women showed up to work wearing shirts like that............................I think I would be having a lot more sex with my co-workers.