Thread: NET Test

Question NET Test

****o,
    I am preparing to take the Nurse Entrance Test (NET) at Tennessee Technology Center @ Nashville. Does anyone have some advice about the test?

Thanks
    rodeo

Re: NET Test

Don't know anything about the program as I am from PA but good luck. Take a few deep breaths before the exam and have confidence.

Most school libraties offer the study guide for the NET. It contains basic math with some algebra. And a lot of reading and comprehending things. If you feel ur math skills are short, get the study book and go thru it. I didn't use it, but some of the students in my class did. And it didnt seem to make much difference as to the ones that got in or not. Hope this helps

Jerry

Make sure your math skills are honed. There were lots of ratio questions on my test, which were not covered in the study book Ihad purchased. M study review book had lots of geometry problems, which were not on the test at all. The Reading comprehension was easy for me. Also for the math section I had lots of conversion problems.

I took my NET test yesterday and found the math to have alot of percent, decimals and fractions. No geometry. I did buy the net study guide, the math was helpful but the reading was much harder and not even a good study guide. I scored a 87 in the math and did not pass the reading (I only completed half of the test because I ran out of time) the reading was very confusing and the questions were tricky. I would suggest to any one taking this test to practice your reading speed. Also I had problems with my computer when I took the math and had to start over because of this so I spent 2 hours doing Math.

I bought a book about how to prepare for the NET test. It was very helpful but somewhat expensive for such a thin little book. I would give you the same advice as the other people that posted...review your algebra and reading/comprehension skills. When I took the test we were not allowed to use calculators so make sure you double check your math! Good luck!