Thread: Nursing Education

Nursing Education

If RNs Go to School Longer then LPNs what does the RN get more educated in?

Re: Nursing Education

If you have a local college that does both the LPN and the ADN program, get one of their catloages and look thru it, that way you could compare and see the differences..

Jerry

Excellent response! What I have learned recently is that my alma mata is offering quite a different experience that I was given. They are doing more community nursing which in the past was unique to the baculaurate program. Having never gone to LPN school I would have to refer to the catalog. I do think that every program has its benefits and there is no bad place to start in nursing. I do wish that nurses come to understand the importance of continued education. I was scared to go back because I had such a bad experience in school but years later, I am having way much fun and learning sooooo much. I would not trade it for anything. Until the collective "we" nurses educate ourselves and become "acting" not "talking" professionals we will be forever led instead of leading. (OK, soap box put away

HE HE HE

You get off probation and the minute they let you out, you just come here and start posting LOL Let's just hope that they dont put u away longer the next time.On a serious note, at 54 is was really hard for me to go back to school after a 35 year absence from it, but as u did, I realized it was fun. We can never get enough book learning, Readin,rithmatic,and cypering is always good to learn.

Have A Great Day

Jerry