Thread: Question

Question

What other state is a Michigan nursing license good in?

If you move to another state and your license isn't good there to you have to take the Nclex in that state?

Member Extraordinaire hppygr8ful's Avatar

Wink Re: Question

You would have to check with the state you plan on moving to to see if your license is accepted there. IF you are planning to move to another state because of restictions on your license be careful as state boards do communicate with eachother and if you are not permitted to work in Michigan and are caught working in another state Michigan may revoke your license and then you will be inelligible to work anywhere.

I have seen your posts in the recovery board and just want to tell you that "geographic" moves in recovery are not such a good idea as our demons always follow us. Best to stick where you are for now and focus on your recovery.

Peace and Namaste
    Hppy

Thumbs up Re: Question

Nope, I know that and I know people are reading this. I'm not that much of a POOPhead, I've already reported my substance abuse eval is monday,I'm just thinking ,when this is all said and done. the economy is so bad here in MI, my marriage has been a mess for many years, he lsot his job of 20 yrs, three years ago and hasn't found steady work since, we are trying to get help with the mortgage, my daughter has one more year of highschool, and she's my only child, I'm just thinking , once I get my license straight again, I've already come to the decision, I'm done with staff nsg..18 ys..I'd like to move on, and maybe get out of michigan all together...When my license is clean. or whatever..I was just looking at jobs in recovery centers for nurses and they're all in FL , AZ, TN,CA..etc out of state...meaning I would have to move.
    :nurse-stupid: I AM NOT ON THE RUN

Member Extraordinaire hppygr8ful's Avatar

Re: Question

Good to know you've got your head screwed on tight! The economy has been slow to return and I know things are really bad for a lot of people - I read a big article that Pittsburg is one of the fasting growing economy's in the US their unemployment is less that 7 %. And healthcare is the fastest growing job market there. I personally love California but we now have the highest taxes in the nation outside of New York and I was just joking with my DH that I would move anywhere in the continental Us if I could have a horse and about 5 acres.

Things will get better

Peace and Namaste

Hppy