Thread: Once upon a time, there was a baldrn....

Talking Once upon a time, there was a baldrn....

Hi folks, I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm 43, married 22 years, 2 kids, and have been in medicine for 23 years. 18 of those are as an RN here in West Tn.
    I started in Neuro ICU, then ER, then the cardiac cath lab for 11, yes ELEVEN LONNNNG years. LOL.
    Recently, a month ago, I was lucky enough to transfer to cardiac rehab at our hospital. Listen guys, this is the BEST job in the world!! Obviously the hours are cushy, but I get a kick out of these folks actually WANTING to be helped! They come MWF for one hour for cardiac rehab. T/TH are pulmonary days. But these folks are so grateful for their lives that they enjoy the program. They are very thankful to us.
    Coming from the ccl, where everyone is scared to death, I find great joy in helping people who WANT to be helped. I like exercise and self motivation a lot, so this job just is so much fun for me. I feel like I'm ranting, but I was so miserable in my previous job that I feel like I have a new life, born again even. Recently, I met a cardiologist upstairs while I was CHF teaching and he said, "if you don't wipe that smile off your face, the rest of the staff there will figure this out and then they'll ALL leave!" LOL. I meet people who say "you look so happy!" I am.
    So, there you go. I just found this forum and look forward to having somewhere to talk with the guys about work.
    BALDrn (yes, I'm pretty durn bald , LOL)

We are glad to have you here!