Thread: AMS are thieves

AMS are thieves

My name is Tim Galligan I take care of the recruiting work for my wife Barbara Galligan. Barbara has been a traveling nurse since October of 1998. We have seen plenty of wonderful country and never had any trouble with recruiters, UNTIL NOW!!!!!!!!!
    This is to inform you about the problems we have had with AMS Healthcare Services. Out of the 15 checks we have received 6 of them were incorrect. None of the discrepancies were in our favor. The total amount short on Barbara’s checks totaled $872.75. The first one occurred on 7/30, but I didn’t notice any problem until 9/10‘s check, it seemed way off. When I called our recruiter Robert Terry to discuss the problem he offered us (I don’t remember the exact amount because it wasn’t important to me at the time, but I seem to remember $275.00) less than we were owed. The actual number was $424.00. The second half of the call was to find out why we hadn’t been paid our housing stipend for the month. That was two weeks later than the other two we had been paid in the preceding months. We were paid for those problems. Being travelers it takes two weeks for Barbara’s pay stubs to catch up with us. On her check dated 10/8 there is a discrepancy of $344.00. The other checks that weren’t quite right ranged from $5.00 to $45.25 and totaled a little over $100.00. We had decided that it wasn’t worth our time to pursue those small amounts, but that has changed. When AMS decided to ignore us we are determined to ask for all moneys due. We are still owed $448.75 in unpaid wages.
    Their also seemed to be some question about whether we had insurance for the month of August. We were told in July that AMS was switching carriers. We paid for the month of August but didn’t receive our insurance cards until September. One of my wife’s coworkers who is a traveling nurse with AMS in the same hospital tried to use her insurance and was told she had none. We had to assume that we were in the same boat with our Insurance, but AMS took our premiums out of her check.
    We were not paid for our travel allowances of $200.00 at the end of the contract and I had tried to get Robert Terry on the phone three times and e-mail him twice. I haven’t had the opportunity to discuss the other problems with her payroll, because he hasn’t returned any of my calls or e-mails. I finally got a hold of his supervisor and we were paid the travel money, but not the wages owed.

Re: AMS are thieves

Just wondering if you mean American Mobile? If so I worked for NursesRX An AMN Company. Please note the following are companies that are part of AMN : O'Grady Peyton, American Mobile, NursesRx, Nurse Choice, Prefered Healthcare Staffing.

I had problems also with payroll and refunds of deposits. all payroll for these companies are done out of San Diego by AMN.

yes, with this company, you have to pay attention to payroll and any bonus(they simply lie to you, so make sure you ask them written agreement). They even try to make you pay for housing sometimes. I did not have insurance also and I found out later.

you pay for your housing regardless. They take it out of your wage one way or another no matter what company you work for.

Also, no matter what company you work for you need to get everything in writing up front. It's called a contract, and if you don't have one fully intact, then you need to point some fingers back at yourself.

Just something you need to keep in mind.