Thread: IRS Woes

IRS Woes

I just got my tax papers and am paying taxes back over $2000. I then calledto set a payment plan on what was left and they doubled what they said I owed them on March 10th of this year. I am so upset I feel like barfing. No matter what you do you do it wrong and it is always your fault. They said they must have forgotten to add the interest rates to the figures they sent me. When It is my mistake I pay and pay for years but when it is their mistake it just doesn't count I was suppose to know. She stated, "After all it is YOUR taxes" Just had to vent... Any comments, I can take it. Nothing can hurt me more than the IRS, except maybe a gall bladder. They sure have gall not me. LOL.Cheer me up group. OK?

Re: IRS Woes

Judy, that sucks. We are having a similar problem. We are only getting back 42 dollars when we thought it would be ALOT more. My brother and his wife were told they owed over a grand but when they had someone else do their taxes they were getting back over 1000 dollars. We are having someone else do ours over as well because ours are not right as we witheld more but made about the same and had quite a bit more in deductions this time. Last year we got 2300 back. We always make sure and pay in enough that we don't have to pay at the end of the year, this year just barely but it can't be right. You should get a second opinion. I'll let you know what happens with ours.

I don't know but would a good tax attorney help? My former husband and I filed together the last year we could together before the big "D" (so I thought). I received a big brown envelope from Uncle Sam telling me I owed thousands from that year. Long story short, I had a wonderful tax person who managed to get it reduced. Oh, left out a bit, my former husband just "forgot" to send our return in and I guess I forgot that I might have needed to sign anything. Happened about 3 lifetimes ago.

Good idea, I am going to look into that.