I have started back to work. I am having trouble lifting. I was trying to assist an aide with putting a stiff old male pt. back to bed. We got him out of the bed and he was half standing and sitting and could not move any further. We were not using a belt or a lift and I should not have been lifting at all. (Shame on me...)
We finally got him in the bed at the foot of the bed and the pull sheet was at the upper half of his body. We put the head of the bed down and on the count of three tried to pull him up in the bed. One.. Two..Three.. grunt! and nothing happened. I was beginning to feel the load. I bent over and looked him in the face and said,"We have to come up with a plan.. When I say three you think light.. light as a feather." The old man began to laugh very hard, when he got his breath he grunted out.. "180 lb. feather!" Then continued to laugh. We did get him adjusted on the next lift. We all felt better. I love this mans laughter. Hoping everyone had something they enjoyed today.