Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Put male nurses in panties!?

Re: Put male nurses in panties!?

hmm wonder how some become nurses

i went into nursing to help people not to portray something i am not, believe u me not all male nurses are alike sheesh

I am a male nurse and I do happen to wear white panties under my whites so this isn't as far fetched as it may seem. I am not gay and to me it isn't really a big deal. However I don't think it should be a mandatory thing, to me it's just a uniform thing. Some male nurses don't wear colorful jackets, but I do because I feel they help to brighten up my patients days.

michael

I'll keep my boxers and white scrubs thank you very much. I've never had a problem in any of the facilities that I've worked at.

I do groan when another nurse, male or female bends over and you can see a clear outline of what they're wearing underneath.

Andrew Lopez, RN
    http://www.4nursing.com

Member Extraordinaire

or the dimples from being a bit too tight...yep got em nope don't flaunt em

My opinion is very simple to say the least. No one really wants to have a Male Nurse waiting on them wearing white athletic socks, boxer shorts showing through the whites, and a white t-shirt under their top with a dirty ring around the neck. Come on fellas wake up and see the light. Get yourself some nice white nylon knee high stockings, some white satin panties and a nylon camisole to wear under your top. Top it off with a small gold ankle bracelet, a little eyeliner and a very slight touch of makeup. Seriously guys, get in touch with your feminine side and you will be a lot more professional at what you are doing and your patients will be a lot more at ease. Try it you will like it. I can tell you for a fact that my hubby who is a CNA is very happy with his dress code and he is very well liked by both his female and male patients

Alaina_Ann

the men i have worked with look like horrible. they don't iron their uniforms and have those ucky white t-shirts showing under their uniform tops. also i am sick of them dressing like an emt or paramedic. they look unprofessional with wrinkled uniforms.

and why did we as females allow men into our chosen field. i have yet to work with a male nurse who doesn't try to dominate a conversation with their so called know how in treating patients. Who taught them to be so arrogant.

we sure messed up a great profession with men.

The article had to be a joke right?? Please tell me that there arent people who think that male nurses should dress like female nurses. It is hard enough being a male nurse with people constsntly calling your sexual preference into question without some knucklehead wanting to make us into drag queens or cross dressers at work. My uniforms are perfect. I think it unprofessional to not wear a t-shirt. I wear athletic socks because they are comfortable and absorbant. I do wear under-armour compression pants (in white of course) and catch enough grief about that.
    We are male nurses and should dress as such. Like men.

I am really getting tired of this attitude. I am a single father of two and instead of getting a pat on the back from women in nursing I get comments like "It is good to see one of you doing your job." I mean come on, if we are so bad , why are male nurses so in demand. Every doc I talk to likes the male nurses better and the female supervisors will tell you they prefer the males. As for dress code and looking professional, after twelve years in the military I feel that I look real professional. Finally, if us men are so inferior then why do I see all the guys doing their job and not taking it home yet most (not all) of the females sit there and bring their home life in as well as sit there and gossip around the nurses station. Ok enough ranting and raving. Just remember we are not all bad!!

Well at least she didn't ask for a thong. I guess that is a plus for the article.

I think the point of this thread is we should be aware of what we wear. I used to wear a uniform for Law Enf. I think you get more credibility on first impressions/appearance.
    I at least try to wear white underwear and a white-non-graphic/lettering t-shirt to match. I also guess I am old school and think that colored/graphic uniforms are getting outrageous. I want to be identified as CNA/Nurse not "spongebobsquarepants underoo guy"

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast