Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Put male nurses in panties!?

Re: Put male nurses in panties!?

Is the context of that article really surprising when you consider that it is linked from a website that glorifies censored?

That type of fetishness doesn't concern me. The viewpoint of the woman, Susan, who amended the letter at the bottom, is that all men should be tightly supervised, punished on a regular basis, and forced to wear women's clothing as a demeaning and embarassing method of control.

Once you follow the link and read the site you may realize that it really has very little to do with nursing.

The post was obviously a five pound pile of crap in a three pound bag!

"Nuff said"

Ranger

just to clarify, TracyR didn't write it, he just copied the article and posted it here

Thats the D*^#@%^ thing ive ever heard of and i think the person who wrote is just trying to get a rise out of everyone. Im a male nurse not a chick and maybe your fantasies have just run away with you. Oh by the way who started infiltrating whoes jobs first. I believe women were burning bras over the fact that they wanted to hang out with the men, spit tobacco and work right along side us and (equality) was the goal. So tell me what is wrong with a man doing the opposite. It's not a womans job, it's not a mans job, it's a job and a man can do it just as well as a woman can and sometimes even better, and u know what? He doesn't have to wear panties to do it, as a matter of fact he doesn't have to wear any undies at all. Woman you've lost your Fr*&%$#in mind. Just how old are? Have you considered retirement. Oh by the way we dont want to go back in time to the old days most of us like to go forward with life. Ok u done it u got a rise out of me.

Take it easy...

If you follow the link to the main website at http://www.petticoated.com/, you will find that it is a site dedicated for some people (mainly women I'm sure) to post about their fetish of dressing men up in women's clothing for the purpose of degradation and control. This is called "petticoating" or "petticoat discipline." Since nursing has been a female oriented profession for the last hundred years, it shouldn't come as a surprise that it makes such an easy target for this fetish.

Much like any fetish I think it's more peculiar and laughable than offensive. The only problem that I have is the preoccupation with degrading men. This is an issue that is offensive to me, much like any other unhealthy ideal that instills a sense of superiority over another person, class, or race, and would indicate a sense of unfullfillment and insecurity in the practitioners.

Can I get something to eat here? That is about the only response warranted to this ridiculous article. Kinda like me saying I want all female nurses in football uniforms so as to reflect their strength and athleticism to get up and down the hall in a timely manner.
    Paul K. McConnell, RN, ER/CCU/ICU
    very married and insanely heterosexual thank you.

Boy... this article sure has gotten a lot of response!

Have any of you found any other equally rediculous articles?

Dear God, this would set nursing back to the dark ages!!!!! Nurses have fought long and hard to be recognized as inteligent, particiapating members of the health care field. Why would we want to go back to the days of the matrons? We were providing skills not much different to todays aide (who are a vital part of the health care system). I agree that no nurse should show her underwear regardless of sex. But to focus on men - that is out and out discrimination. We are nurses,not idiots. Men have just as much right to be a nurse, as a woman. Get off your high horse and quit being a horses ass!! Some of the finest nurses I know have been men and women. We have fought for women's rights and should expand that to human rights, regardless of sex, color or national origin.

The whole business sounds as phoney as a three dollar bill to me.

ummmm, what are we doing staring at this guy's fly-front trousers? (scratches chin...) As long as we look professional and provide quality care, thats all that matters. (shrugs)

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast